Sign in to follow this  
kurdes

Fix for white CockpitParts FA18's in Strike Fighters2

I finaly found a solution for the appearing white parts in Cockpits of the Fa18's when modding them into

StrikeFighters 2! The cause of this are missing/wrong named textures in the SF2 Install. By inspecting the cockpit.lod

i wrote down all textures and tga's that are needed an searched them in the cat-files. Some where simply false named and others simply not included! The similar problem is with the F16's and maybe other Planes too when integrating them in SF2.

I've uploaded the missing textures for the F18A (column5) and FA18E V1.5 , put them in your cockpit folder and the white parts are gone! Happy flying! (perhaps it will work for the FA18G also, but that is untested!)

Greets,

Kurdes

Ps: excuse my bad english writing ;-)

Update: Fix for Mirage Factorys F16's!

FA18Fix.rar

F16Fix.rar

Edited by kurdes

I did download and I show F4-E Items not f-18 is this correct???

Yes, its obscure but correct! :-) I think the Modders used Parts of other planes textures...

Good work. perhaps this will help me get the Third Wire A-6A sorted. I've ported it over to SF2 (together with the F-8E, F-105D and F-104G) and whilst it flies really well it has got white cockpit syndrome :haha: .

I'll look into this tomorrow.

Good work kurdes. I guess all I need to sort out now is the fuel gauges ...

post-29988-1238498713_thumb.jpg

Ok, i've done the same for the Mirage Factorys F16's!

Its really simple once done! ;-) Open the cockpit.lod with notepad and at the end of the file are some names of .bmp's and .tga's readable.

Simply write them down and check which of them are already in the cockpit folder or in the cat-files. Those that are not there must

be downloaded or extracted from other cat-files from WoE or WoE etc. I've found a older cockpitmod where the most are included: called "f-4e_cockpit_v1"

dowloadable from here! I've added the F16-Fix to my first post.

Greetings,

Kurdes

Good work kurdes. I guess all I need to sort out now is the fuel gauges ...

post-29988-1238498713_thumb.jpg

Hi Ultramax! Whats wrong with the fuel gauges?

Dont they count down? I think mine does, but i will check this asap! ;-)

Greets,

Kurdes

Hi Ultramax! Whats wrong with the fuel gauges?

Dont they count down? I think mine does, but i will check this asap! ;-)

Greets,

Kurdes

Look closely.

post-29988-1238707126_thumb.jpg

The gauges start at '0000' and stay there. During the entire mission I've no idea what my fuel status is. It may be something I did myself sometime recently with the cockpit.ini file while trying to sort the 'whiteout' issue