Sign in to follow this  
MK2

OT: My Ace Autograph and memorabilia collection pictures

Here are more...enjoy!

Felix Madon 41 victories SPA38 personal identity card

Up_Felix_Madon.jpg

Nungesser

UP_Nungesser_02.jpg

Guynemer (note saying he is in charge of escadrille in heurtaux's absence)

UP_Guynemer.jpg

Maurice Boyau 35 victories SPA 77

UP_MauriceBoyau.jpg

Roland Garros

UP_Garros.jpg

Fonck and others

UP_Fonck.jpg

James Norman Hall

UP_Hall.jpg

Kiffin Rockwell founding member of Lafayette escadrille (original photo taken by his brother)

UP_Rockwell.jpg

Brother's letter

UP_rockwell_letter.jpg

Frank O'Driscoll Hunter 9 victories 94th and 103rd

UP_FrankODriscollHunter.jpg

Eddie Rickenbacker

UP_Rickenbacker.jpg

Rene Dorme 23 victories

UP_ReneDorme.jpg

Paul Tarascon 12 victories

UP_Tarascon.jpg

UP_Tarascon_back.jpg

Gilbert Sardier 15 victories

UP_Sardier.jpg

Don McLaren 54 Victories

UP_Don_McLaren.jpg

Elliot White Springs 148th 16 victories

UP_Elliot_White_Springs.jpg

Harold Hartney 7 Victories commander 1st pursuit group

UP_Harold_Hartney.jpg

Alfred Heurtaux 21 victories Spa 3

UP_Heurtaux.jpg

Wow wonderful collection MK2 - a passion indeed there and kind of you to share some of that with us. Thanks!

DUDE!! are you like the luckiest guy on the planet when it comes to memorabilia? Thats a helluva collection! :ok:

All I have is two books by vietnam P.O.W.'s that are signed.

Edited by gwar

DUDE!! are you like the luckiest guy on the planet when it comes to memorabilia? Thats a helluva collection! :ok:

All I have is two books by vietnam P.O.W.'s that are signed.

Thanks for the nice comments everyone.

gwar, I have a large collection of Vietnam autographs including many Mig Killers, I also have Korea and the largest part of my collection is WW2 (including 18 of the top 20 American scorers, many KIA and all Luftwaffe pilots over 200 many KIA and Japanese, Russians, British, you name it). I'll try to post some more WW1 related stuff in the next few weeks.

Fantastic collection!

Thanks for allowing us to take a peek (and be awed)!

ttt

Thanks for the nice comments everyone.

gwar, I have a large collection of Vietnam autographs including many Mig Killers, I also have Korea and the largest part of my collection is WW2 (including 18 of the top 20 American scorers, many KIA and all Luftwaffe pilots over 200 many KIA and Japanese, Russians, British, you name it). I'll try to post some more WW1 related stuff in the next few weeks.

Do you have Eric Hartmann's? If you do...could I...see it? Puh-leese? :clapping:

Do you have Eric Hartmann's? If you do...could I...see it? Puh-leese? :clapping:

sorry, the two I have are Charlie Plumb(book title,"Im no hero") and Colonel John Dramesi(book title "Code of honor), I also wore Dramesi's P.O.W. bracelet untill I was able to contact him and return it to him.

(not sure if your question was directed at me or MK2)

Edited by gwar

Here you go Siggi but keep in mind that he lived a long time and signed many, many things. His signature is not considered rare.

Erich Hartmann 352 Victories

UP_Hartmann.jpg

MK2,

gotta ask, how long has it taken to gather your fantastic collection?

Thanks Alex, that's the jobby. :yes:

I believe he died in 1994, at a ripe old age.

MK2,

gotta ask, how long has it taken to gather your fantastic collection?

20 years and a lot of work. I actually obtained a lot of items for next to nothing and wrote to hundreds of living aces in the early 90s , made many contacts with authors of books and collectors all over the world etc.

Well you sure deserve to have these things MK2 and all the more because you share them with us. Thanks. I'ld like this thread to not get lost in the pile can it be stickied somewhere?

20 years and a lot of work. I actually obtained a lot of items for next to nothing and wrote to hundreds of living aces in the early 90s , made many contacts with authors of books and collectors all over the world etc.

and the hard work sure shows.....again, thanks for sharing with us :clapping:

Well you sure deserve to have these things MK2 and all the more because you share them with us. Thanks. I'ld like this thread to not get lost in the pile can it be stickied somewhere?

Thanks for the kind comments. I don't think it needs to be stickied ,not really on topic, and because I will ressurect it now and again when I update it.

Hello Mk2,

thanks a lot for sharing some of your phantastic collection ! :clapping:

Thanks and greetings,

Catfish

Here is a signed postcard of Adolphe Pegoud the world's first official ace.

UP_Pegoud.jpg

repo show flyer

UP_Pegoudflyer.jpg

Those are great! Thanks for sharing them with us... :good:

MK2:

This is an amazing collection, don't know how you managed to find these things... I hope, when you decide to "fly over those last mountains" you will donate your collection to one of the WWI oriented museums where it won't be lost to posterity.

Thanks so much for sharing it all with us.

I also have Hans Ulrich Rudel, maybe the greatest individual warrior in history (with 500 tanks destroyed, a battleship, 11 planes ...etc...and and an award just made for him..)

. Both in difficult hand writing to read.

Rudel

UP_Rudel.jpg

Well, here's the Marseille letter, which was quite easy to translate it into modern style, because his writing is really good and the letters he uses are faithful to the official letters he had been taught at school. Unfortunately the same can't be said about Herr Rudel's writing - it's either written in great haste or he just had a bad hand, because many of the letter forms he uses are just plain strange and don't resemble the originals much. But I'm no expert and its been years since I participated in the old writing course, so maybe there are people here who can translate it more quickly and effortlessly than me.

Mein lieber Hedmann,

beiligend übersende ich dir wie gewünscht eine signierte Karte von mir als Andenken mit meinen besten Grüssen. Ich habe mich wirklich sehr über deinen lieben Brief gefreut, und wünschen dir noch viel Freude beim sammeln.

Hans Joachim Marseille

Marseille is writing to some guy called Hedmann and sends him a card signed by him (Hedmann had wished for it apparently) and also sends his greetings. Marseille is happy for the letters he received from Hedmann and wishes joy or happiness also to Hedmann.

(He must know this Hedmann well because he writes to him like an old friend, no formalities in this letter. I'm no interpreter, so I'm sorry if the text sounds stupid in English!)