Sign in to follow this  
MK2

OT: My Ace Autograph and memorabilia collection pictures

Wouldn't it be Hermann rather? Well, here's my translation:

My dear Hermann

annexed I send to you a signed card of me as a remembrance, as (you) wanted, with my best wishes.

I was really very peased about your letter, and wish you much pleasure with (your) collecting.

Hans Joachim Marseille

Edited by Olham

The second letter is indeed written in a haste. I can't recognise all. It reads:

BB, 30. 12. 42

Lieber Lindemann!

Wie seinerzeit am ....

...., schicke ich Ihnen heute

meinen z.b.V. zur Entgegen-

nahme eines Bildes mit Wid-

mung vom Kommodore. Ich

selbst bin leider heute verhindert,

werde jedoch gelegentlich noch-

einmal vorsprechen. Im Voraus

herzlichen Dank li. Kamerad.

BB (Berlin Brandenburg?) 30. 12. 42

Dear Lindemann!

Like at that time at/on --- ---, I send to you today my z.b.V. (zur besonderen Verwendung - an Adjutant for special duties, I assume)

for the receipt of a picture (photo) with dedication of the Kommodore.

Myself, I am unfortunately prevented today, but will call on you again occasionally.

Thank you very much indeed in advance d(ear) comrade.

Wouldn't it be Hermann rather? Well, here's my translation:

Yes, you're right of course. That's clearly an r after the e, not d... my mistake.

Thank you so much guys, that is just great info!

Rudel actually writes one more sentence and signs it on the reverse side.

Can you show that, too, MK2?

I recently aquired this from the family of Frank Luke . It is his perosnal map that he used to navigate to his squadron upon landing in Europe. He has signed it twice. This map can also be seen in the book "The Stand" . It does not get rarer than this and would be the cornerstone of any museum quality collection.

Luke_01.jpg

Luke_02.jpg

Luke_03.jpg

Luke_04.jpg

Other stuff in my collection I finally got around to scannning (much more to come):

Hartmut Baldamus 18 victories killed in mid air collision with Nieuport 17.

Baldamus_UP.jpg

Alexander_up.jpg

Beaver_Macmillan001_up.jpg

MK2, fabulous sir! Thanks for sharing again. What an honor for you to have the Luke map and from the family at that. Awesome that all these things survive.

To hold in your hands such a map, that has been used by an ace some 90 years ago, must make our sim

far more immersive. Great stuff, MK2. Must feel good to have such "treasures".

Thanks for the comments guys. On the map you will notice he has some written notes about a car crash he must have had on the way to the squadron.

I have some other stuff I will post soon inlcuding a beautiful signed Sanke of Max Immelmann.

Thanks for the comments guys. On the map you will notice he has some written notes about a car crash he must have had on the way to the squadron.

I have some other stuff I will post soon inlcuding a beautiful signed Sanke of Max Immelmann.

I remember reading about that crash... how awesome. Too cool!

Your collection has great historical value. Amazing stuff! You must make some arrangements to preserve all those items for the future generations (but I'm sure you already have). :yes:

Your collection has great historical value. Amazing stuff! You must make some arrangements to preserve all those items for the future generations (but I'm sure you already have). :yes:

I think a museum exhibit would be great , I am currently working on getting my sons involved because that would be a natural progression to the collection's legacy.

MK2- What an astounding collection!

The Luke map is quite the piece. Have you ever had your collection appraised by a major auction house?

As mentioned above, hope you have made plans to preserve your collection for future generations to enjoy!

Regards,

Royce

Such a fabulous collection and it's in the hands of one of our own. Very kind to share them with us MK2. Rare bits of paper that has lasted all these years. Precious, fabulous. I can only imagine how you might feel to hold these pieces. I think I have a Rickenbacker sig and I cherish that. english_en.gif

Touched! As if Voss was sitting in front of me, by a piano, in a black&white memory.

(Goose skin)

Absolutely amazing MK2. Wish I could spend a day just looking at that collection.

Cheers!

Lou