Sign in to follow this  
AceMan

Hi All I Am A Fb Freak!

I had il2 sturmovik demo, i bought il2 sturmovik, now i have FB.

Now i am wating for BoB!

who is a "FREAK" of FB?? :D

Only me??

Nah, Ima freak too I 'spose. Still working on a campaign off and on, now at 16 missions. Was flying up till last week when I scratched the CRAP outta my game disk. Now I gots to gets a 'nother one...:(

Havent bothered to get latest patch update yet 'cause cant play game till CD is replaced. I did get the beta before I wanked my disc though. Sure love that Mustang.

After joining the JW's I've restarted the FB addiction.

...Anybody else feel that LOMAC MP is missing something???

Well, for me personally, the game itself doesnt work. Its because I have a Radeon 8500 that doesnt fully support DX9, an operating system, win98, that doesnt work with the game, and a pentium3 1ghz, which isnt enough to run the game like it should be run. Funny thing is, the system requirements listed on the box indicated I fell well within all the requirements. And guess what? I cant take it back for a refund! I almost feel like Ive been taken. I hope wags comes thru, I kinda think he will...

FB is still my favorite anyway. I love the old WW2 aircraft and the LACK of complexity. Kinda one reason why I still play SFP1. Love the era, and the aircraft. Hopefully by the end of Christmas break, Ill get my replacement disc back.

You've got about the same system I'm runnig here at home, on my dad's PC. Only thing different is he is running XP.

Here are my specs:

1.4 mhz Athlon

768 PC-2100 DDR-RAM

Radeon 8500 64mgb

SB Live! X-Gamer

Cat 3.10 drivers for the Radeon

I set Il-2 config to the Radeon 8500 settings, and in game I run 1024x768x32 with medium settings except full object textures and lighting. I'm normally running numerous things in the background, including AIM and TrackIR and I still get around 30fps. It drops a bit around cities and stuff, but its definately playable. Wish I could help more, but I promise you, it should run great on a Win98 system with those specs. There shouldn't be any problem. And at the settings I use, it still looks fabulous.

lol, umm, I just realized you were talking about LO-MAC there, PC. You're right, on my pop's PC Lock On don't run too well either.

Hell LOMAC's pretty choppy on my PC.

Pent IV 1.7 ghz

512 ram

64 mb GeForce 3 (missing TV out, it was top o the line when I bought this rig... damn technology).

But FB runs awesome, I have full settings on everything (I think), it doesnt run in perfect on some settings though.

Hey PC (or anybody), drop by the Jokers Wild Squad server on UBI some time later on this evening.

We run really easy settings, but its just so everyone has a good time, hell vulching is encouraged :D

I'll probably be on between 11-3 or 4 EST ofcourse thats -3 hours for you.

If you just wanna mess around and have some fun, its a good little server to get into. Usually 8 spots available, may set it to 10, but its very reliable and there is no lag since its a dedicated server ran by clanequipment.com.

Cant wait for the B-17... its gonna be sweet, and I hear there's a Spit coming too. Now if they can just improve the Stang.

IL2 FB is still the best Flight Sim to ever come out in my opinion.

Cheers,

Saffell