Sign in to follow this  
OvS

Recent topic deletions... sorry to have to do it.

OFF Members and Community.

Unfortunately, I've had to delete 2 topics over the past 24hrs, that were meant in good nature (well one was) but should have been thought through before posting.

One was offering purcahse of an obviously pirated or copied version of the movie "The Red Baron", the other was an open invite/solicitaion to Beta test the new RoF version.

The first was obvious... it's illegal, and OBD Software has an "obligation" to you, our customer, to provide a clean and well presented forum to enjoy. While it's not in our right to protect you from buying anything, it's certainly in our right to remove anything promoting an illegal act such as this.

As far as the RoF Beta testing... I know it was offered with all of the best intentions, but you are all paying or possibly paying customers for our software. It is in our right not to allow solicitaion of other WWI Flight Combat games on our site, especially of a competetive nature. There are a TON of non-biased Flight Sim forums that material of that nature can be posted. But this being a specific OFF Fan/customer/community based forum, it doesn't belong here.

Yes, talk of RoF is absolutely acceptable, however, please limit that as well out of nothing more than repect to us, the OFF Dev Team and the guys making RoF. This is not the place to compare, accuse, tear apart, promote, whatever, anything related to RoF. It's not fair to us, or them. We love flight sims as well... how do you think we got to this point, but again, we are now a commercial venture, and would appreciate that you take that into account before you post solicitations for or bash any other WWI Combat Flight Sims on this forum. Be respectful. :ok:

I'm sorry to have to do this, but at the same point, I offered to do this job and will adhere to the book, and take advice from other forum moderators while doing it, which I did today.

All the best, and thanks as always for your direct understanding in this matter. Please continue to enjoy this great forum provided to us by the CombatAce guys. :good:

OvS

Nothing wrong with your attitude.

Thanks for explain it for us.

That's perfectly understandable (IMHO)

Certainly the sale of Illegal software on any forum of this nature (or any for that matter) is an absolute NoNo..... and indeed, the last major Row over at Sim Outhouse was about RoF.

Let's not take a step backwards eh?

I think everyone is glad to see that this forum will be moderated, and will not be allowed to get out of hand.

Nothing wrong in what you did OVS. How is the Nova coming along?

Nothing wrong in what you did OVS. How is the Nova coming along?

LOL!... The Nova.. ah... the nova... well, she's dormant in my garage and I have not found the time this winter to work on her. BUT... I did manage to completely overhaul the entire underside, paint and all. All new bushings, gas tank, lines, brakes.... all new. I've got the front disc brake kit waiting to go in, and some sheet metal work to do in the back. So it's time to get started again on my days off.

Just yesterday I cleaned out a lot of crap around the car so I can start working on it again. I have all the parts... I just have to put it together.

I decided to make it a flat black Rat-rod, which should look cool considering it's a wagon. :crazy:

Thanks for asking. :good:

OvS