Sign in to follow this  
Kamikaze

Odd Jasta6 Aircraft Choices . .

Maybe this is correct . . and this "looks" odd to me. But then again, I am not an EXPERT in regards to what aircraft specific squadrons used. In short (and I am patched to the latest 1.28a with new HARDCOREDM) I created a new pilot in Jasta6 and the aircraft for the following time frames seem odd.

March 25 - 30 1917 ALB D-III

MAY 1 - 17 1917 ALB D-III Early

MAY 18 - 22 1917 ALB D-III Early

MAY 23 - JUNE 8 1917 ALB D-III

They had the D-III then reverted to the Early version . . . then back to the D-III ??? Normally I would expect a forward progression.

Maybe this is correct. In either case its an FYI for the appropriate folks to look at.

Can any grognards clarify if this is correct?

Edited by Kamikaze

Maybe this is correct . . and this "looks" odd to me. But then again, I am not an EXPERT in regards to what aircraft specific squadrons used. In short (and I am patched to the latest 1.28a with new HARDCOREDM) I created a new pilot in Jasta6 and the aircraft for the following time frames seem odd.

March 25 - 30 1917 ALB D-III

MAY 1 - 17 1917 ALB D-III Early

MAY 18 - 22 1917 ALB D-III Early

MAY 23 - JUNE 8 1917 ALB D-III

They had the D-III then reverted to the Early version . . . then back to the D-III ??? Normally I would expect a forward progression.

Maybe this is correct. In either case its an FYI for the appropriate folks to look at.

Can any grognards clarify if this is correct?

hi,

i saw it on different jastas too. i would say it's because of shortage of certain engines of the newer factories, so they had to go back to the older version till the replacement arrives. or maybe in some periods there crashed too many so they had to use the old ones, waiting for the new ones. i believe it's the reason. if not, than it's good for immersion.

creaghorn

Thanks Kamikaze,

Well spotted. We are looking into it.

Cheers,

shredward

No doubt they had shortages and had to swap to old craft from time to time, so actually pretty good anyway Shred.