Sign in to follow this  
Creaghorn

Great historical source for german aviators

http://www.frontflieger.de/

here you have a great source of german fliers. currently 2785 are listed. from most of them it's noted in wich jastas and feldfliegerabteilungen they were. there are even lot of notes wich of those pilots got shot down by wich allied ace, or how they died. there a also lot of sanke cards and other interesting pictures. unfortunately it's in german.

a great source for everybody, who wants to complete historical aces in BHAH.

Hey, thanks for posting this. Seems to contain plenty of interesting info... have to bookmark it!

WOW! Thanks for sharing this one Creaghorn. Looks like I'll be cranking up my online translator again. :smile:

Cheers!

Lou

I love you Creaghorn! Wow, what a great site. I love Sanke cards and all this info is fabulous. I've just scratched the surface so far but I have bookmarked it already. Thanks!

I love you Creaghorn! Wow, what a great site. I love Sanke cards and all this info is fabulous. I've just scratched the surface so far but I have bookmarked it already. Thanks!

oh thank you. but how to explain that to my girlfriend? :blush2:

if you look a bit deeper into this site, especially into the biographies of the aces, in some of them are the written combat reports of the pilots who killed him. very interesting to read.

there is really a lot of stuff to look at. always when i look i find something new.

for more pictures and sanke cards and original newspaper reports of every single day during the war and lot more, look at

http://www.stahlgewitter.com/

Tell her not to worry I live too far away. Und Ich bin ein hasslich esel. Another great site. You are making me dust off my German language studies from 38 years ago.

Tell her not to worry I live too far away. Und Ich bin ein hasslich esel. Another great site. You are making me dust off my German language studies from 38 years ago.

hässlicher esel :biggrin: , no, i don't think you are. hope you'll have fun with the sites. especially the second one. a lot to read. newspapers, announcements from the kaiser, biographies, stuff like this. every single day is readable. you can really follow how the aces became more and more popular.

read the erlebnisbericht of LvR. also very interesting. not so gentle like we used to. it's a kind of diary of the last month at the front. he talkes about taking revenge for his brother. his out to kill the enemy. he wants to see them burn slowly all the way down, stuff like this.

http://www.frontflieger.de/

here you have a great source of german fliers. currently 2785 are listed. from most of them it's noted in wich jastas and feldfliegerabteilungen they were. there are even lot of notes wich of those pilots got shot down by wich allied ace, or how they died. there a also lot of sanke cards and other interesting pictures. unfortunately it's in german.

a great source for everybody, who wants to complete historical aces in BHAH.

Awesome find Creaghorn! Looks like a great source, and a great way to practice my German outside of Rosetta Stone.

oh thank you. but how to explain that to my girlfriend? :blush2:

if you look a bit deeper into this site, especially into the biographies of the aces, in some of them are the written combat reports of the pilots who killed him. very interesting to read.

there is really a lot of stuff to look at. always when i look i find something new.

for more pictures and sanke cards and original newspaper reports of every single day during the war and lot more, look at

http://www.stahlgewitter.com/

Creaghorn, I noticed something on the stahlgewitter site you linked to. If you look under the video's section you'll find the full versino of the 1930 Release of All Quiet On The Western Front for download as a Divx file. Just thought I'd pass that along to the rest of us here.

oh cool. didn't know that. i'll take a look at that. the original is of course better than the version with john boy walton.

oh cool. didn't know that. i'll take a look at that. the original is of course better than the version with john boy walton.

Yep, this looks like the one Turner Classic Movies used to run back in the day. No Ernst Borgnine to be found! :rofl:

Hello,

thanks, i knew this one already, but i usually save it under "Favorites" only to forget it then ... :rolleyes:

Great site, also Stahlgewitter ...

There is also site about airships (something i'm interested in) at http://www.german-army-airships.org/arkr.htm

The FAQs are interesting, and somewhere in the links there is a whole book as pdf, if only in german, about the german army airships.

Thanks and greetings,

Catfish

Ausgezeichnet! Vielen Dank Creaghorn. Ich muss mich erinnern, auf Deutsch auch zu suchen, wenn ich etwas über den Ersten Weltkrieg finden will (hope I got that at least nearly correct... my schoolboy German is a little rusty)

Ausgezeichnet! Vielen Dank Creaghorn. Ich muss mich erinnern, auf Deutsch auch zu suchen, wenn ich etwas über den Ersten Weltkrieg finden will (hope I got that at least nearly correct... my schoolboy German is a little rusty)

that was perfect. actually i'm surprised how many of you have had german language lessons.

but german is not my native language either, so we're almost in the same boat. almost, because i live here in germany for quite a while.

Great link, Creaghorn. Just when I was told by my mother, that my father had

known some Jeschonneks; one of them was a fighter pilot in WW1 and had known

Ernst Udet. I found three here, and will research for the first name now.

Thanks for posting!

Edited by Olham

Leutnant Hans Jeschonnek Ja40s 22/4/18 > EoW

Born 9 April 1899, Hohensalza. Entered military service 10 August 1914, as a Fähnrich in 3. Niederschlesisches Infanterie-Regiment Nr.50.

Promoted Leutnant 26 September 1914. WiA 6 October 1915. Commenced pilot training at AFPs on 19 July 1917. Awarded EKI; Knight's Cross with Swords of the Royal Hohenzollern House Order. Ritterkreuz on 27 October 1939. Generaloberst in WWII on 1 March 1942; Luftwaffe Chief of Staff, from 1 Febuary 1939, until he committed suicide 19 August 1943.

from Jasta Pilots, Franks, Bailey, Duiven

Great link, Creaghorn. Just when I was told by my mother, that my father had

know some Jeschonneks; one of them was a fighter pilot in WW1 and had known

Ernst Udet. I found three here, and will research for the first name now.

Thanks for posting!

For Udet fans a must see, is the Discovery serie about E. Udet. It can be downloaded at some Torrents.

See also in the "WW1 FS forumlisting" here at CaForum the "olde library" stiky.

Thank you, Shredward - that might have been him.

Dutch - do you mean the dogfight against Guynemer, or is there more about Udet?

Hello,

there is a lot more about Ernst Udet, not only Guynemer, and not only WW1, but also what happened then until Udet committed suicide. From the stories of my father i take those history channel episodes with a grain of salt, especially when this is only a look from "outside", and decades later, but the series is well worth watching anyway.

Greetings,

Catfish

Thank you, Shredward - that might have been him.

Dutch - do you mean the dogfight against Guynemer, or is there more about Udet?

He solt his soul to the devil, for flying the Curtis Bi-plane. Its a documentary on Discovery chanel about Udet's life. You see Udet doing a looping and after this land his Bi-plane transverse, all with the engine shut down, incredible. I have this docu recorded in the 90's on VHS tape but also I downloaded it from a torrentsite and its now on my external HD. This acrobatics must be on Youtube I think.

Edited by Dutch_P47M

He solt his soul to the devil, for flying the Curtis Bi-plane. Its a documentary on Discovery chanel about Udet's life. You see Udet doing a looping and after this land his Bi-plane transverse, all with the engine shut down, incredible.

to see here

Excellent links (containing even more excellent links)!

Thank you!

ttt