I´ve tried to find the modelaliance decals sheets

for the "Gulf War Buccaneers" but no luck. All sold out.

Maybe someone here has got a high rez scan of that sheet?

That would be very helpful

Carlo

Carlo,

I hope someone can scan it for You. They look Cool.

721.jpg

331KillerBee

thanks KB, but it´s in 1/72 not 1/48....

thank you. i have heared that in the beginning of may model alliance

will re-release that sheet...

I think I've got the Squadron/Signal publication on the Buccaneer. I'll see if its got good scan able markings.

Edited by LloydNB

I think I've got the Squadron/Signal publication on the Buccaneer. I'll see if its got good scan able markings.

I Have one too, but there are no Infos about Gulf War...

Do you guys have this link about Buccaneer's in Desert Storm:

http://www.blackburn-buccaneer.co.uk/0_Gulf-missions.html

http://www.blackburn-buccaneer.co.uk/Buccaneer_Index.html?

This site has complete histories for each plane, unit, plus illustrations.

Mike D.

Thanks, Mike, i know this page..

I really like this plane! Not big on most foreign stuff, but always thought that the Bucccaneer was very neat looking. Always got a kick out of Desert Storm - all of our forces were instructed not to paint anything on the planes that might be objectionable to our Arabic hosts, no Playboy magazines in the barracks, etc. - and here come the Brits with their Buccaneers with girls all over the noses!! Ya got to love it!!

Mike

not only the bucs, also the RAF Tornados & Jaguars had this special paintings during Desert Storm... :biggrin:

I just checked Microscale. No joy. It looks like that decal sheet From Hannents has them all. the payload feature on the blackburn bucaneer is kind of a cool resource.

I'm tempted to model a pair each with a pair.

:ph34r: CL

I really like this plane! Not big on most foreign stuff, but always thought that the Bucccaneer was very neat looking. Always got a kick out of Desert Storm - all of our forces were instructed not to paint anything on the planes that might be objectionable to our Arabic hosts, no Playboy magazines in the barracks, etc. - and here come the Brits with their Buccaneers with girls all over the noses!! Ya got to love it!!

Mike

Well we aimed to please! :biggrin:

not only the bucs, also the RAF Tornados & Jaguars had this special paintings during Desert Storm... :biggrin:

Indeed they did, though the Jags were a little less risqué than the Tonka's and Bucc's with names such as "The Guardian Reader" (for the benefit of our non-UK members that's a UK newspaper)!

Sorry for the quality, but we didn't have digital camera's back in 91, so I've had to scan these from my 6x4's!

TornadoGR1MissBehavinGranbycloseup.jpg

JaguarGranby.jpg

Edited by Planejunky

You got any piccies of 'Katrina Jane'?

Friend of mine flew that one :good:

i can not find any Buccaneer with the name "Katrina Jane" ??? but this 3 noseart are done , this are old pictures there are no new one yet because the model has now new wings and i still have to map them as well as some other parts

does that mean the big bad bucc is close to release perchance? :lol:

If you had seen it before Ravenclaw put his fingers on it.. now it`S a nearly complet rebuild!

Indeed, I recently saw some progress pics in the German forum of the wing re-build. I like his method of redo-ing the polys that join the wing to the engine a lot, very similar to Bunyap's tutorial, works very well too and gives a nice smooth finish.

now Volker needs a scan of that decal set i think....