About a month ago I left a post at Thirdwire asking for an update on on th WOI add-on covering teh Suez Crisis. As I haven't had any joy, I was wondering whether anyone here had any news they can share.

LloydNB

TK wrote it'll be released after the Vista editions of all previous titles (StrikeFighters:Vietnam, SF:Europe, SF:WW1, SF:Israel)

So it'll take a while :sad:

TK wrote it'll be released after the Vista editions of all previous titles (StrikeFighters:Vietnam, SF:Europe, SF:WW1, SF:Israel)

So it'll take a while :sad:

hey we got israel2 terrain for woi made by wrench and gepard we can bluid a campaing on it has its set on that time period and in campaing ini we can messe around whit the front line just need the planes and some research on the war :grandpa:

hey we got israel2 terrain for woi made by wrench and gepard we can bluid a campaing on it has its set on that time period and in campaing ini we can messe around whit the front line just need the planes and some research on the war :grandpa:

there's a campaing here for this terrain

made by Johan257IIRC

there's a campaing here for this terrain

made by Johan257IIRC

Yes, Johan did whole Mid East Wars Pack, a must be for anyone interested in the conflicts.

Requires JSoft Generic Mod Enabler to run properly, and some addons hunting

Requires JSoft Generic Mod Enabler to run properly

What is that? Why is it required?

Thanks for the info. I can be patient.

IMO the oficial Suez Crysis add-on is so waited for a possible solution to some in-game issues, such as prop aircrafts, that in most cases are played in pre-08 patch.

What is that? Why is it required?

Tool used to automatically enable\disable mods.

Hey Tree Man!

I wounder if it's SF2 compatible.....? :biggrin:

Edited by 331Killerbee

Hey Tree Man!

I wounder if it's SF2 compatible.....? :biggrin:

Why wouldn't it? It's used by many games, it's all about creating proper directory tree and setting things up, then you should be able to activate or deactivate mods with one click (In our case "mods" refers to the various options.ini files)

I'm gonna check it myself

I'm curious, are the community created add ons to be used in the official Suez extension?

I guess it's highly unikely. AFAIK, TK never used in a new release something created by a third party.

If the Suez add-on doesn't include improved carrier operations and better prop action.................... well, it won't be much of an add-on. Carrier operations off the Egyptian coast were integral to the whole thing.

Thanks for your answer Palpatine.

It won't influence my choice to buy it but I wondered, as I did about WOI and community created Israel terrain and planes, how much time would spend TK to recreate, with a better result, things already available.

Then, if this time would be dedicated to work on the engine or other non purely aesthetic feature, what would be the results.

However, I'm happy with what I bought so that will remain rhetoric questions.

If the Suez add-on doesn't include improved carrier operations and better prop action.................... well, it won't be much of an add-on. Carrier operations off the Egyptian coast were integral to the whole thing.

:iagree: