Sign in to follow this  
Nesher

Which countries did you visit, when and how was it?

So you probably all know that I live in Israel

lucky for me i had lots of trips around so I've seen lots of beautiful places

but I also went to a Bar-Mitzva trip to Holland, Belgium and France... an orginized trip

it was fun but a long time ago (it's been almost 10 years!!)

ohh and I worked with my father in place or 2 considered outside Israel's territory LOL

but that was not as fun as going on a trip :biggrin:

Outside Brazil, i've just been in Paraguay, and US in the family vacations(i went this year, awesome), next time will be an Euro trip, and i hope so :biggrin:

i can't wait to go to Amsterdam.

Edited by Silverbolt

I've been to the US several times, in Europe I've visited Spain (Marbella) (beach time), long time ago, France (Paris) (EXPENSIVE!!!), Switzerland (Lake Constance and Chamonix) (was nice but so long ago I barely remember it), Germany (lots of places), Czech Republic (Prague) (visit it at Christmas time, then it'll really look like a fairy tale with snow! Seriously!). Also been in Mexico (M-City, Oaxaca and a Club Med resort at the Pacific coast whose name I don't remember atm) (Very nice), Brazil (North eastern region, more specifically Porto Galinhas, Natal and Salvador da Bahía) (life's a beach! :D perfect for relaxing! and lots of Caipirinhas!) and Morocco (several Club med resorts) (Still, always be careful what you eat, though most probably you'll end up dealing with Montezuma's revenge. The Med's a soup!). So that's all I can remember for now...

Counties ive been too:

-Belgium

-Greece

-Ibiza

-Spain

-Switzerland (interlaken)

-France

-Austria

-Germany

-Italy (rome and lake garda)

-Holland

-Australia

-All around England

-Wales

My most favourite out off all, has to be Switzerland, one of the nicest places ive ever been too. We where situated on top of a mountain and we where overlooking the town of interlaken (which means in between lakes) and just onwards from the town, where the 3 biggest mountains in Switzerland. Nicest place, nicest people, just an all round nice country. Beautiful scenery. Wish i could live there sometimes.

Edited by scouserlad13

I have only been i Norway, Denmark and Germany. I was in Norway 1992 to visit some relatives. My Grandmother is from Norway. Denmark and Germany I have been to a couple of times.

Edited by DarthRevan

I've been to :

- US

- Canada

- Mexico

- India

- Brazil

- Spain

- Portugal

- Belgium

- Switzerland

- Italy

- Germany

- The Netherlands

- Ireland

- Great Britain

- Sweden

- Turkey

- Greece

All country I visited have their own interest.

The most fascinating were India, Turkey, Brazil and Mexico, because they are completely different from what I know

I've lived for 5 years close to the Italian border and I am living close to the spanish border so for those countries, "I feel a little at home"

But all the other countries are worth seeing, it is a matter of taste and, mostly, curiosity.

Edited by jeanba

I have been to several countries for various reasons.

Canada on many occasions - Toronto, Vancouver, all over New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Newfoundland. I like Vancouver a lot, was pretty neutral about the Eastern Provinces, and don't care for Toronto all that much.

Mexico - Does TJ really count?

Republic of Korea - my least favorite of the East Asian countries I have visited.

Japan - I Enjoyed it here to an extent.

Thailand - Probably would have been better if I wasn't doing training while sick.

Singapore - Never left the Air Base.

Germany - I liked it here, I traveled all over the West.

France - Never got off the plane while returning home from Kuwait in 1998, So this doesn't really count.

Kuwait - This place is not my favorite place in the world, I'll leave it at that.

Uzbekistan - No comment.

Tajikistan - Probably the worst country I have ever been to.

Afghanistan - No comment.

Iraq - No comment.

Qatar - Never left the air base.

United Kingdom - Have not left the airport, but will be spending 24 hours in London next month.

Iceland - Such a beautiful place I could probably live here and never leave.

There are a couple I haven't mentioned for certain reasons.

I have also been to all 50 states and Guam.

I'm going to Russia in May.

Mexico

England

Canada

Turkey (Lived there for 2 years)

Switzerland

Greece

Korea

Germany

France

Texas (Didn't you know?) :lol:

Other points too, they all sucked ass.

USA

Spain

Portugal

France

Germany

Holland

Belgium

Ireland

Lanzarote

Tenerife

Gibralter :biggrin:

USA was good, been to Florida twice, doing the whole "theme park" thing was fun, spent some time down in West Palm Beach and saw the Space Center too which was great.

I think it might be easier to say where I havn't been lol...

Scotland

Wales

Ireland

All over the England

Gibraltar

Spain and the Canary Islands

Kuwait

Saudi Arabia

Bosnia

Kosovo... 10 years ago or there abouts...

Cyprus

Oman

Singapore

Japan

Brunei

Belize

Falklands

Tunisia

Italy

Germany

Belgium

France

Norway

Ascension Island

Canada

CVN70 USS Carl Vinson things so big might as well be a country...

India

Czech Republic

and a few others... and to be honest the people on the ground are great its the politians and the extremists that screw it all up...

From my alcohol ravaged memory (why did I go out last night, why??)

Canada - Lived there for two years when my Dad was on exchange I was only 5 when we left so I thought I was Canadian!

USA - More times than I can remember! Favourite time was a short notice port visit to New Orleans.

France - Quite a few times, I even worked in Paris for three months after Uni.

Germany, Holland, Austria, Italy, Monaco - As part of a mammoth road trip with friends from the Navy.

Spain, Gib, and Portugal - Mammoth road trip part two.

Norway - North of the Arctic circle on exercise, saw the Northern Lights and got a Husky ride.

Denmark - Pretty cool, although Copenhagen is the hardest capital city to get a drink in past midnight on a weekday.

Andorra - Don't actually remember much about it!

Belgium - Although I did manage to drive through it without realising on the first road trip, I went there on purpose as part of a continental nav exercise and had a great time!

Singapore - Based there with work before I joined the Navy, great place if a bit cramped.

Bangladesh - Again with work before I joined up, I wouldn't recommend it for a holiday but it was great to get to go there and I had some good times.

UAE - Yet again before I joined up, the Navy don't seem to want to send me to the Gulf!

Hong Kong - Before we gave it back when my Dad got a short posting out there. Like Singapore but more hectic, I hear it hasn't changed that much.

Japan - Only Tokyo really, saw a cheap deal on the internet and though why not? I'd like to go back and see more of the country

Barbados - Two weeks when our ship had a maintenance period, not good for my liver!

Martinique - The capital city is a bit of a dive but the rest of the island is lovely.

Curacao - Awesome.

Belize - We were doing disaster relief after hurricane Dean so I can't really give a fair opinion. Great for low flying though......

Cayman Islands - I'm obviously too poor to live there!

Turks and Caicos - Grand Turk isn't that great but the other islands aren't bad.

Jamaica - The only place I refuse to go back to.

I'm sure I've forgotten some, still off to Turkey on Sunday so I can add that to the list when I get back!

Next to my own country (The Netherlands) I have been to:

-England Already back in '89, when still in school. Went to London and stayed a week.

-Belgium Love the beer!

-Germany Too!

-France Most of them are arrogant stuck-up a**-holes; never again! (Note: MOST of them...)

-Spain Summer vacation.

-Portugal Too!

-Austria Wonderful Vienna!

-Hungary Lake Balaton, cheap drinks and pretty ladies.

-Slovenia Just passed through on the way to BiH.

-Croatia My desperately needed R&R in my army days in BiH.

-Bosnia and Herzegovina Military mission UNPROFOR, returned in 2005 and enjoyed myself in beautiful Sarajevo.

-Turkey Next to sun and heat, I like the culture and history.

-Cuba I lost my heart in Havana in 2007. Wanna go back some day.

Next to come (in May and June):

-Denmark

-Sweden

-Norway

That's it....

@Pacman: The Balkans, pleasure or "business"??

Edited by muesli

CVN70 USS Carl Vinson things so big might as well be a country...

Bigger than vatican :yes:

I once went to Washington DC and it was so different from my small town in Indiana I thought I was in another country... Had it not been for the Hard Rock Cafe and all the American Flags I wouldn't have known, Lol. In two years I'm off to Germany and Sweden though.

@Pacman: The Balkans, pleasure or "business"??

Depends on the definition of Business... if it involves high velocity metal and the question of who are we helping today... then business

Edited by PACMAN

Haha, I understand. I was driving ambulance there in 1994. I sometimes have the same questions....

Ah well, in 2005 I enjoyed Sarajevo as a tourist and that was way better!

Cheers mate

England

Scotland

Whales

Northern Ireland

France (Day trip)

I went with my family when I was 6. I enjoyed Whales and Scotland the most. The stay in Northern Ireland was cut short and we went back to Scotland. France was nice and I got to see Utah beach.

I have been to Canada and Mexico but those really don't count since I could just drive to them.

@muesli a small world was in Bosnia 95 and Kosovo 1999 when we had a quiet word with the Serbs...

Iraq- Got to see Babylon, so not that bad.

Kuwait- Hot as HELL

Ireland- AWESOME

Italy- Aviano isnt to bad

Germany- Enjoyed it

Canada- Had fun

Cyprus- Not a bad place

Bermuda- Fun Fun

And thats about it for my boring life, lol

Ireland - Several times to Dublin and once to Dun Laoghaire, all times great, except once when I had an unpleasant reaction to some sort of hallucinogen the night before. Irish people are fantastic, Dublin is great for shopping, looking at stuff, and generally having a few drinks. Not too expensive either.

Amsterdam - My one time in Holland, one of my best holiday experiences ever! The place is so beautiful, and friendly. Shopping outside the touristy parts is very cheap, well worth riding a bike out to the suburbs. It's one of the cleanest cities I've been to. Amstel Sterk, very tasty and relatively cheap beer. Fantastic choice of restaurants if you manage to catch them in between the several thousand Argentinian steak houses. I wouldn't know about the drugs, didn't try any, my interest in that sort of stuff waned some years ago, however it was a shame to see the loud mouth infants who always seem to be English from their voices, falling about stoned off their heads or worse, trying to ride a scooter through the Leidesplien and knocking over tables as they go. Arseholes.

Greece - Earlier this year one part business, several parts pleasure! Fantastic countryside in the North, some really gorgeous scenery. The waterfalls of Edesa could only be even more beautiful now that the melt water comes down. Castorias reminds me of Llandudno somehow, but with fur. Beautiful lake and some really nice Byzantine Churches. The hot springs were amazing, boiling hot water churning through turquoise streams surrounded by three foot of snow really is a sight to see. That was somewhere near Prespes lakes. There was an F-5 static positioned on the side of a mountain pass.. that thing almost caused me a Connery, just as the coach turned a corner, looming into view was the angled up nose.. took all of 3 heart shuddering milliseconds to realise that it wasn't in fact moving.. damn those 3 millisecond for delaying what would have been a stunning photograph. Athens itself, what a city! Soooo warm and friendly, and safe! No pubs, no loud mouth idiots puking up everywhere. Great food on every corner, spinach pie beats Greggs any day! Only complaint, too many illegals on the streets. Oh and Kipseli!!! Och vre aderfe, ine kifines ton Kipselis ..bzzzz! Astooo...

England - I suppose this counts. London, fantastic if pricey! Never rely on the tube to get you back to places on time, although if you add time to compensate, there is usually a way of taking an alternative line and then on to the destination. Theatre and comedy really is worth the money in London, the beer isn't. Camben, colourful place and fun to play spot Amy Whino. Greenwhich, lazy, hazy place to spend a summer afternoon climbing up the hill and wondering what was exactly was the point of the Millenium Dome. Or the Eye. Stratford, great place for a break, again if you're into theatre and generally lazing about in parks or in boats, this is worth a visit. Warwick Castle, a real eye opener to see the rooms of the castle made with Madame Tussauds wax dummies and props to represent all the different occupations of the castle. I excitedly touched up a stranger thinking she was my girl friend, but she was cool. I then almost fractured my skull, which wasn't cool. Birmingham, why bother? Seriously, there is sod all of interest here except shopping.

Wales - "Visitors welcome, but you can't take our mud" official line (more or less) of the Wales Tourism Board. Hmm. Sheep and rain. And castles. And mountains. Mountains in the North are great family fun, not as daunting as real mountains but stunning enough to make you feel like you did something when you see the lakes below you, or the Tornadoes flying below you, and if you're very lucky, visiting F-15s being shown how to fly NOE by the obliging RAF chaps :rofl: When those roar past you, below you, it really does make you think.. I wish I had one.

i see we have people here that do know how to have fun

nice records guys :)

i have a problem that i have to have someone with me when going on trips...

so that's why i probably never got the chance to do some RnR abroad... (my best friends don't have that much money for oversea vactions)

i'll be looking again for offers to the states during my Passover vaction, hope to find something and go on and fly (even if it's alone)

USA--West coast along the bottom up the east coast (never been in upper middle)--Hawaii, Alaska

UK--England, Scotland Wales, Ireland

Canada

France

Germany

Austria

Azores

Spain

Jordan

Egypt

Japan

Korea

Guam

Australia

:blink: What a Hell?!? Man, Azores isnt a country....its an island from Portugal!! :wink:

Well ive been to Spain (from top to bottom islands included!), France, Tunisia and this year hope to be in England to see my club defeat Man Utd.!!! :biggrin: , Croatia, Italy, Greece and Casablanca (in my honeymoon so dont expect to see lots of it :biggrin: ).

Edited by Piloto

Whoever your team are, Piloto, I hope they win Man. United too!

I've been to:

France, of course, but I don't really feel at home outside my own region: Paris is too foreign, arrogant and all of that for me (Actually Paris condenses and shows all the clichés about french people).

Germany

Belgium (my second homeland, culturally and such very close to my region, hence the proximity)

Netherlands (good!)

Switzerland (good!)

Luxembourg

Italy (a few hours)

Morocco

And I lived for a year in Libya (hot, strange and tough; but a great country -speaking of landscapes and ordinary people, not those ...holes dictators in power there-).

Live in Scotland

been to:

England

Wales, lots of hills, lots of rain... felt like home lol

France, Paris twice, Normandy once.

Spain, Canaries twice, Belearics twice, Madrid once

Germany, road trip... lots of beer... don't remember much :)

Greece, a couple of islands but too young to remember which ones, want to go back though

Norway, weekend in Oslo

Italy (in a couple of months)

Japan, Canada and Mexico are on the hitlist... :)

Craig