Sign in to follow this  
MigBuster

Iron Eagle the glory years

Not seen this before - i dont mean the dodgy film - the uploader has put little pop up boxes telling you exactly where the obvious mistakes are hahaha

What an awful film....

Yeah; it was a great flick to watch when I was an acne infested teen but now I cringe whenever I see it on the shelf in the local DVD shop. My missus has said; 'why don't you buy that one - you like that kind of stuff'. My only reply is; 'don't you dare ever buy that for my birthday or for Xmas'

My missus just looks away scratching her head in confusion :dntknw:

At least they got how the throttle works in those movies. If I see Maverick say "I'm putting on the brakes" one more time as he pulls the stick back and jams the throttle forward I'll scream.

I miss Chappie.

A couple of years ago....actually, more like five or six, I had just become obsessed with aviation. Was watching AMC and this was on. As soon as I saw the Kfirs posing as MiG-23s I turned the TV off. My dad just looked at me and I said, "Even I know aviation better than Hollywood." Then came TOP GUN.....

Yeah! Go Russian guys in F-4s! Kick some desert-camo Alaska-based F-16A or C butt!

At 5:14 someone pointed out that the altimeter is inverted.. upon closer inspection our intrepid pilot is loosing altitude... in a flat climbing spin... While on screen he falls from 18,900 to 19,100 :)

As inaccurate and terrible as they are I still kinda have a soft spot for the Iron Eagle films... so bad their good lol

Craig

"Just gimmie fried chicken"

Aaaaahh the old adage "So bad that they are good comes to mind..." I too admit I watched them when I was a kid and even I knew it was the Israeli Air Force doubling for everyone...