Sign in to follow this  

Enhanced SAM trails

View File

As per post: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?s=&am...st&p=270301

Enhanced SAM Trails

by Fubar512

This mod attempts to give the user a bit more situational awareness, by adding an enhanced flare and exhaust flame effect to large SAMs, making them visible for miles, during both day and night missions. It also replaces the default exhaust trail with a whispier, more prominent trail (which should allow for a slight improvement in frame rate when multiple SAMs are in the air)

To install: Simply drop the LargeSAMTrailEffect.ini into your effects folder. That's all that's required.

To uninstal: Just delete the LargeSAMTrailEffect.ini, and the game will revert to using the original.

Known issues: The "rocketflare" effect may appear larger on all objects that use it, though this is not necessarily objectionable. To test that, launch an air to air missile, and see if you find the flare effect too prominent.

If you do find it to be an issue, open the LargeSAMTrailEffect.ini in Windows Notepad, and edit the following lines:

[EffectType001]

Element[03].ElementName=RocketFlareEmitter<----edit to RocketFlareEmitter2

[EmitterType003]

Name=RocketFlareEmitter<------edit to RocketFlareEmitter2

Save the edits when prompted, and the LargeSAMTraileffect will continue to use the enhanced rocketflare by itself, with absolutely no impact on other files.

Works like a charm. :biggrin:

Haven't made up my mind about the AAM effect yet. I kind of like it (especially at night)

Thanks, for me it's the little things that make SFP1 fun.

Love this nice touch.... :good:

Fubar:

Sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner.

My hard drive got a glitch and I had to format it and reinstall XP.

Then I had to redo my games.( I have another 80 gig HD for storage and backup)

The SAM effects are good.

I'm going to edit the other effects like you said.

They are a little to bright for me.

Great mod Fubar! I for one like the AAM effects (like Irish said they look cool at night).