I just got back in doing an anti ship mission and had to 'esc' the mission because my harpoon missiles won't track. Any ideas? Running SF1 with latest patch and TMF Wep pack. Was flying F-4E ARN-101 if that helps.

Falcon

What guidance type are they using? Check in the weapondata.ini.

CGR, but unless he didn't press E I've never had a problem with them tracking though.

Charge it to anti-radiation (ARM), and they'll even engage targets "over the horizon", as long as said targets are radar-equipped.

I pressed E and was about 7.7nm away, is that the prob? I'll check the wep data ini

They are using Inertial Homing guidance. What should I change it to?

OK. Changed it. A question though, if my anti ship target is a tanker and I launch the missile, would it see a SAM radar if near the ship?

OK. Changed it. A question though, if my anti ship target is a tanker and I launch the missile, would it see a SAM radar if near the ship?

Yes, the nearest ground radar will catch it's attention. BTW, just tried it against an Udaloy-II from 20 nm out...the results were awesome!

Mine are set up like this:

AGM-84A-1 through AGM-84D RCG (Radio Command Guided) Sea Skimming

I could use Semi-Auto Command Guided (All Sea Skimming)

AGM-84E TV Homing

Keep in account, Max Launch Range.....

331KillerBee

Edited by 331Killerbee

I have noticed this being a problem with all anti ship missiles I have used. The missile strikes the position the ship was at when the missile was fired. A moving ship will just get out of the way. They do find the target as it heads straight for it even if your aircraft is pointing another way as long as you have it selected. This is the same for the harpoons, the RBS-15 and another but I forget wich one now. They fire and initially turn towards the ship and all looks fine, until you realize your missile is not tracking the movement and just hits the wake behind the ship.

I have SFG and I never noticed it with the stock tanker but only when I added new ships.

Mine are set up like this:

AGM-84A-1 through AGM-84D RCG (Radio Command Guided) Sea Skimming

I could use Semi-Auto Command Guided (All Sea Skimming)

AGM-84E TV Homing

Keep in account, Max Launch Range.....

331KillerBee

I'll try those. Thx KB.

Falcon