Sign in to follow this  
lindr2

Slovakian MiG-29SD(AS)

Nice pic lindr2.

I read on a forum that 4-6 Indian MiG-29s are in Russia for upgradation. Have you read this in Russian papers or sources?

Looks like they 've got J79's..... :bye:

Funny that the Russki's put in those smokey engines after all the experience in Korea and Vietnam where the disadvantages of the US planes in this matter stood out so clearly....

Hou doe,

Derk :wink:

Looks like they 've got J79's..... :bye:

Funny that the Russki's put in those smokey engines after all the experience in Korea and Vietnam where the disadvantages of the US planes in this matter stood out so clearly....

Hou doe,

Apparently the MiG-29K's RD-33MK Sea Wasp engines don't smoke as much as early MiG-29 engines.

Ahh, yes... I love our Slovakian Mig-29s :biggrin:

I have hear that you will see in the near future some Slovak Mig-29 beauties in the skin download section :rolleyes::wink:

Edited by kukulino

Ah yes, our 29's have similar pits now, they are overhauled to AS standard (plus some extra features). AS - nice planes indeed.

Yeah '29s are best. I prefer Fulcrums than our boring albinos F-16s whose bought my country. Another photo of digital camo

12833vg7.jpg

Yeah '29s are best. I prefer Fulcrums than our boring albinos F-16s whose bought my country. Another photo of digital camo

thats a shame I reakon the Polish paint scheme is one of the best ive seen for 16s

I can't imagine it would help them as much as the TVC engines would. Even the Flankers have dropped using them again.

Looks like they 've got J79's.....

yes, during my time in the GAF, i remember that our MiG-29G´s

smoked like our old Rhinos....

Apparently the MiG-29K's RD-33MK Sea Wasp engines don't smoke as much as early MiG-29 engines.

I know a guy who was an experienced Viper pilot (he did the official RNlAF F16 demo back in the nineties, is now flying airliners).

In those days he flew trials against the GAF MiG 29's which at that time had just been taken over from the former LSK and were being tried out against comparable stuff from the NATO allies. It was the first taste for the Luftwaffe of modern manoeuvreable fighters and they had to develop their tactics.

He told me that in his cockpit he could actually SMELL the Fulcrum in dogfights because of "rich" fumes being produced by the RD 33's......

Hou doe,

Beautiful pic's by the way. It shows so well how difficult it is to keep even those simple formations: everyone is throttling up and down in order to maintain position.

In a diamond formation of F4K's I 've seen no 4 even use afterburner to stay in place......

How doe,

Edited by Derk