Sign in to follow this  
X RAY

Overtexturing nightmare

Since I went to Oct08 patch this is the major nightmare to flying against.

In many post I've read that most people went into,somebody on missing runway textures,somebody (like me) into cockpit missing skins.

I've tried to solve it in many ways:

-making two seperete installs one with western aircraft flyable and eastern block on AI and vice versa.

-in these installs the flyable ones are leaving with their hi-rez skins AI are all reduced to a 512-512 skins.

with shadows set like this for all aircraft:

[shadow]

CastShadow=TRUE

ShadowCastDist=800

MaxVisibleDistance=400

and for groundojects:

[shadow]

CastShadow=TRUE

ShadowCastDist=500

MaxVisibleDistance=1000

Was a thought inspired by ODS addon,but not works on my WoE install.

Than I've checked all the weaponsdata for wrong entries-solved-but not works

In some cockpit folders like the F-35 (one of the most afflicted fighters) I've found panel skins in ultra hi rez like 4096-4096,resized into 1024-1024 but problem persist.

Check all the mods again but with no luck.

Last thought is the possibilty to reduce the number of objects (planes) during random generated missions

cause I've seen this problem mostly when you fly an hi-rez plane against other hi-rez planes

Cause can't using some superb hi-rez skins like Sundowner's ones make me soo sad.

With previous 06 patch all working great maxed out

with o8 patch I've turned off mirrors and set visibilty to normal

This is not a framerate problem for my rig in unlimited,just this overtexturing problem.

this is not the first time that somebody has problems with high-res skins or hig-poly models , but i´m sorry i dont have this problems even with high-res skins 4048x4048 i dont run in to problems and i dont own a supertech nasa-computer but as a someone who is posting mods i would like to understand where exactly the problem is

i mean sundowner makes excellent high-res skins an i myself try to chang all my skins to high-res ones , the same with the 3D models we try to make high-poly models to get better looking aircrafts and weapons but as soon as we post it somebody has a problem with it , so have we gone to far with our moding or is this a hardware problem by the end-user ??? :dntknw:

I think is related with the patch,on 06 this problem doesn't exist.

08 patch introduced parking aircrafts,but they're same flyable planes (hi polys and same hi rez) this causes the problem,many mods and effects in the same time,switching down pit details by game options isn't the cure.

Introduce maybe in a future patch or like in the old way low poly parked aircraft maybe can help.

Eyecandy isn't free i think!

You can edit them out via airfield.ini's on each terrain ;-)

going try it!

I've just engaged with an F-35 (ver 1.7) a dozen of latest MF MiG 29 and Su-35 with no problems in my 06 version!

Just thinking or wonder if I can get the same height and higher stratosphere sky effect in patch 06!

Fubar has such an effect.. very nice indeed!

I know but for Oct08 patch!I need something for 06!