Sign in to follow this  
Rick Rawlings

Pol or Winder

I just started my first campaign in the N17 post 1.3 and noticed that the gunsight view in the cockpit is skewed down, as if my alter ego shrunk or someone lowered the seat 2 inches. The screenshots below show the difference. Was this intentional? or some sort of bug? The first notch of shift+enter unfortunately moves the seat too high, and it reverts to normal anytime you switch views anyway. Is this something that is easy to fix?

Thanks!

RR

post-45922-1239028503_thumb.jpg

post-45922-1239028512_thumb.jpg

Yes Rick it is intentional. No you did not become a midget.

F6 is the view to use if you do not have Track IR in previous N17 lewis, and current.

The normal default cockpit view is NOT aligned in either version, you have to move with TIR or use F6.

In real life the sight actually aims upwards as the gun fires UPWARDS angle over the prop!

Because the AI must fire directly forward we had to make a choice, totally correct as realy life but AI miss you a lot, or firing forward more.

So changing it meant your VC sight would have been incorrectly lined up. So now it is aligned.

We found a way to make the Bristol scout AI fire a 45 degree fixed gun now, so maybe we can revert at some point. But at the moment, that's how it is.

F6 is the view to use if you do not have Track IR in previous N17 lewis, and current.

The normal default cockpit view is NOT aligned in either version, you have to move with TIR or use F6.

Hey Pol, thanks for the quick reply. I followed everything except the quote above. It seemed that before the 1.3 patch, I was looking straight down the sight and the bullets were hitting where I looked. Now, I have to aim a little high to get the tracers on target. Are you saying that the pre-patch version was just an illusion the way the sight was set up? I'm just not sure what you mean by previous N17 and current. Do you mean pre and post patch?

Thanks again! RR

Yes before the sight aimed upwards and your view was forwards. F6 was aligned. Probably luck if it lined up in your view.

Now gun fires less up.. so sight aims down more and should align in F6 view not necessarily in VC normal view.

Yes pre and post patch