Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade

How long for confirmation / denial?

In my DiD campaign, well over a month has passed since my initial 2 kills and several more since then and they are ALL still Pending. I don't care if they are credited or denied so much as just wondering if it really takes more than a month to get ANY kind of a response back. If this is normal, that's fine too. Just didn't know if maybe I hit a bug or something. I am using Realistic Claims in workshop and they all still say Pending. So can any of the veteran campaigners or Des shed any light on how long it usually takes to get claims credited or denied?

Hellshade

In my DiD campaign, well over a month has passed since my initial 2 kills and several more since then and they are ALL still Pending. I don't care if they are credited or denied so much as just wondering if it really takes more than a month to get ANY kind of a response back. If this is normal, that's fine too. Just didn't know if maybe I hit a bug or something. I am using Realistic Claims in workshop and they all still say Pending. So can any of the veteran campaigners or Des shed any light on how long it usually takes to get claims credited or denied?

Hellshade

I've had the same experience lately as well Hellshade. I have two kills from my second mission that were about a month earlier in game time, and they are still pending.

Sometimes, it can go quick. But it may depend on how often I started the game, in this example.

All confirmed victories were made on May 18th, 1918; but on several flights, which I did not do on

the same day in reality. But these were the fastest confirmations I ever had.

Now, I don't know, if there would be a "rejected", instead of a "confirmed" in your case?

Or are they still "in waiting position"?

What I don't understand, are the ballon bustings I made in the first flights - they don't appear as

confirmed. But it reads there, that a claim from April 26th got confirmed. Now, together with all other

claims, that should be more than 4, right?

Edited by Olham

Olham,

You may be on to something. All of my flights were in the same real life day, yesterday. Today I log in and 7 of the 10 claims have been confirmed and 3 were denied. 70% claim success on realistic claims level is excellent. I'm happy as can be with that.

Except the victory was short lived. On a troop strafing mission over the front, my flight was set upon by a squardon of bosche in Albatross DVa (200s I think). I picked off one EA who had drifted away from the action by swooping in behind and delivering a well placed burst into his engine. She dropped like a stone from the sky. Then I turned my attention on another Alb who was in the midst of a duel with one of my wingmates. I think my wingmate had wounded the bosche pilot though, because he wasnt taking evasive actions at all. Still, the SE5a was smoking and having trouble lining up again for another shot. Coming down on him from over the top I zoomed past his right wing, a burst of allied anger ripping into the cockpit. I heard his agonizing scream as I dove past. Perhaps a round or two hit his engine as well, for a smoke plume puffed out and a long thin black wispy tail trailed his craft now. Still, he flew on straight and level until I was able to come around for a second pass. A few short pulls of the trigger later and his fate was sealed. He made a long, slow spiraling descent to the ground. I didn't see the impact, because I turned to find my next adversary, knowing the last hun was already doomed.

When I spied my next opponent, he was below me by at least a thousand feet and I dove straightaway. I zoomed past him, spitting lead into the wooden frame of his craft and then pulling up to maintain an altitude advantage on him. But fate turned against me. As I used my momentum to turn my SE5a over in a barrel roll so I could keep my eyes upon the hun, a flak burst struck directly under me and my craft shook from the impact, even though I was able to finish my manuever. It seemed to me that I had literally barrel rolled around the flak burst. Still, my engine shuddered and began to make the most terrible racket. Flight controls were not as responsive and a quick turn of my head saw the hun zoom climbing up in an arc to take a position behind me. Though I wrestled with the controls, I couldn't turn fast enough to escape his guns. Like a mad hornet he stung me several times and soon I pitched earthward. Unable to control the descent, the last of my cables having been shot away, I plowed into the ground, engine ablaze and all went to black. Sgt. David Ian Darks died today, 12 claims, 7 confirmed kills and countless adventures after starting his career with the RFC just a month before.

Hellshade

...a quick turn of my head saw the hun zoom climbing up in an arc to take a position behind me. Though I wrestled with the controls, I couldn't turn fast enough to escape his guns. Like a mad hornet he stung me several times and soon I pitched earthward. Unable to control the descent, the last of my cables having been shot away, I plowed into the ground...

Yes. That sounds much like the end of so many an ace. You're really good; fighting with excellent manoeuvers;

you love your plane, you feel what it can do, and you do it all to the extreme; young and confident - you think

you're almost unbeatable; almost immortal. But then you're not...

My condolence, Hellshade

Edited by Olham

...a quick turn of my head saw the hun zoom climbing up in an arc to take a position behind me. Though I wrestled with the controls, I couldn't turn fast enough to escape his guns. Like a mad hornet he stung me several times and soon I pitched earthward. Unable to control the descent, the last of my cables having been shot away, I plowed into the ground...

Yes. That sounds much like the end of so many an ace. You're really good; fighting with excellent manoeuvers;

you love your plane, you feel what it can do, and you do it all to the extreme; young and confident - you think

you're almost unbeatable; almost immortal. But then you're not...

My condolence, Hellshade

Thank you. I tried taking a screenshot of my pilots log, but I can't find where it gets saved. I'll post it if I can find it. Realism was at 70% because I had unlimited fuel on to make up for the warp issue.

The log can't seem to be screen shot as usual.

You press "print", beam the game down with the windows-key,

and open Photoshop or similar program. There, you say "new",

and "insert" the print. Now it can be saved as a Jpeg.

Alright, let me get this straight. It sounds like you guys are saying that if I were to play through two months of in game time in one real day period, I would never see my claims confirmed/denied because I have only been playing for one 24 hour period? I may be way off base here, but if that is true, it is uber unrealistic.

Edited by Schlissefahrt

Alright, let me get this straight. It sounds like you guys are saying that if I were to play through two months of in game time in one real day period, I would never see my claims confirmed/denied because I have only been playing for one 24 hour period? I may be way off base here, but if that is true, it is uber unrealistic.

I don't know if that's true or not. It's just one days experience for me. Maybe if I would have flown one more mission on that same day, HQ would have gotten back to me. Couldn't tell you. I'll keep flying multiple missions in a single day when I can and see what happens.

Hellshade

Schlissefahrt, I don't say that. It was just a short time experience I made.

But anyway - you won't be able to seriously fly a whole month of campaign in one real life day?

At least I can't - would be far too straining.

Schlissefahrt, I don't say that. It was just a short time experience I made.

But anyway - you won't be able to seriously fly a whole month of campaign in one real life day?

At least I can't - would be far too straining.

Oh I know Olham, I was just using an extreme as an example. :P I have about 6 flying hours on my Jasta 23 pilot and he has two claims so far. I have it on realistic mission frequency, but after his first five hours I gave him a two week leave :). Then I time advanced the campaign two weeks ahead and in that time 4 of my squadmates made claims, and three of them were confirmed, but not mine. When I got back after two weeks, and then flew for a couple more days, he still is just waiting haha. Its been like that for the last couple pilots I have had. They die before any of their kills get confirmed.