Sign in to follow this  
sitting_duck

windows7

anyone running bhah under windows 7?

and if so, have they been able to get into mp ok?

this is an error message someone is getting, and wondering if it is because of the os.

Edited by sitting_duck

Thanks birddog,,,knew i had seen a post about it somewhere,,,just couldnt find it. will contact parky

I am running Windows 7 and I have no problems at all in Campaign or QC mode, but like you are seeing, Multiplay is currently a no-go because there seems to be some sort of issue with the XML files and the "browser" statement in Windows 7. My guess is that MS changed something internally in W7 which is triggering this problem. That file "dlgMchat.xml' is actually located in the CFS folder and was able to actually get around THAT error, but then I got an error with another xml file (this time located in OFF's 'dialouges' folder) that is essentially said the same thing, that it couldn't work with the "browser" command.

I did try running the MP module with all the different compatability settings, but none of them worked. I finally just booted up on my XP system and then got right in.

I looked over the xml files themselves (some of you may recognize my name and know what my background is with computer games) and it looks like the error occurs right as the game is trying to bring up the graphic that allows a player to select which "seat" to be in. From what I could make out, this "browser" command I believe is the code statement that allows the window itself to appear as the other commands that follow it handle the background graphic, the size of the window etc...

So anyway, not to get too technical, but for now at least, it looks like Windows 7 is fine in OFF, as long as your not wanting to play online. :(

Madmatt

I make computer games for a living so you don't have to!

I have it running in Windows7 fine, although haven't got TrackIR to work yet but spent little time on it.

I have it running in Windows7 fine, although haven't got TrackIR to work yet but spent little time on it.

thanks,

just to make sure i have your answer correct, you have hosted and/or joined a mp game, and got no error messages....

Maybe you should read the TrackIR Setup Guide :biggrin:

thanks,

just to make sure i have your answer correct, you have hosted and/or joined a mp game, and got no error messages....

No I was answering your first question sorry. Never tried MP.