Sign in to follow this  
Hauksbee

AI stands for what...?

The AI may put some formidable pilots in the air, but it's nurturing cretins as company clerks. I mentioned in a former thread that after installing the 1.28 patch, I garnered four DSC's and a VC within 48 hours. In QC! Each time I closed out of QC, there was a new award. Lately, the awards page has not been showing up and I felt that the program had corrected itself. Not so. This morning while in the CAMPAIGN section [still looking for CAMPAIGN DATA!] I checked out the Pilot Stats. There I was, and all the awards lined up neatly at the bottom. Not only that, I discovered that I've flown 91 missions, [which only took 11.5 hours] and I've put in claims for 104 kills [ground and air] and clinched 71 confirmations. [i am obviously a much badder sum'bitch than I ever suspected!]

But seriously...?

Edited by Hauksbee

The AI may put some formidable pilots in the air, but it's nurturing cretins as company clerks. I mentioned in a former thread that after installing the 1.28 patch, I garnered four DSC's and a VC within 48 hours. In QC! Each time I closed out of QC, there was a new award. Lately, the awards page has not been showing up and I felt that the program had corrected itself. Not so. This morning while in the CAMPAIGN section [still looking for CAMPAIGN DATA!] I checked out the Pilot Stats. There I was, and all the awards lined up neatly at the bottom. Not only that, I discovered that I've flown 91 missions, [which only took 11.5 hours] and I've put in claims for 104 kills [ground and air] and clinched 71 confirmations. [i am obviously a much badder sum'bitch than I ever suspected!]

But seriously...?

In the Workshop do you have it set to include all stats for your pilot in both QC and Campaign?

In the Workshop do you have it set to include all stats for your pilot in both QC and Campaign?

In the Statistics column I have Persistant Weather Stats:OFF, Flight Eval/Log: Campaign only, and Player Stats:OFF.

In the Statistics column I have Persistant Weather Stats:OFF, Flight Eval/Log: Campaign only, and Player Stats:OFF.

Flight Eval/Log: Campaign only < that was the bit I meant. No explanation for it then, other than a bug.

Something got screwed it seems, probably best to Reset CFS / wipe pilots and see if that fixes it.

I have to say that I'm quite impressed with 71 kills, 4 DFCs and the VC in less than a week.

I suspect you'll be able to dine out on that at the Dorchester for the rest of the war/decade.

I know there will be no new features in BHaH, but perhaps if there is a Phase 4 in the works you could add a column on the Pilot Dossier that says "Number of Crashes". Even MVR crashed a few times and I think it would flesh out the "reality" of the pilot a bit to see not only where they succeeded but also the times they didn't make it back to base. Especially if you could break it down (I doubt this would be possible) to # times shot down by ground fire and # times shot down by EA. If the pilot survives, maybe we could even have to fill in a "Crash Report" detailing what happened to us and if the pilot doesn't live, fill in an Obituary. Now I bet THOSE reports would be fun reads if posted. Always interesting to find out how someone "zigged" when they shoulda "zagged". ha.

/salute!

Hellshade

Richthofen's little brother was shot down what, four times? We can't all have perfect records, unless you listen to the propaganda mills!

CJ

I've flown 91 missions, [which only took 11.5 hours] and I've put in claims for 104 kills [ground and air] and clinched 71 confirmations.

:yikes: .... Okay you win ! Erm that's really rather good :bowdown2:

Hauksbee - it's time for some campaigning now, old chap.

Cause there, you won't know before, who to expect, or how many of them.

Will be much harder. But if you don't have much time, you may warp.

So join us "Campaigners" now - come to the field of duty!

Wow ,Hauksbee.Those are impressive stats!

That is on average:-

7.51 minutes per mission

9.71 minutes per confirmed kill

6.13 minutes per kill, if all are confirmed.

Did you fit a supercharger and a Gatling gun on your SE? :minigun:

Glad to see you are flying for Britain.

I guess the rest of us will just sit here sucking on a pint or two and wiping the sweat off your ground crew and the guy who marks the tally board.Go on like this and you will win the war in the air single handed! :rofl:

best

nio

:hi:

Hauksbee - it's time for some campaigning now, old chap... come to the field of duty!

Oh Jaysus! I knew it would come to this. Fly in the rain and get buried in the mud. Or wear the white feather. Bloody Hell!

Hey, Camel - what happened to Snoopy?

And who's that in your avatar - looks like the ghost of some Confederate Army Captain. Spooky!

71 confirmed kills is extremely impressive. Were you flying DiD standard in QC, with guns all on realistic, Outcome to Dead is Dead, etc? I cheat and use unlimited fuel in campaigns and sometimes if the battle gets too many planes I cheat some more and leave the TAC turned on to 1 mile radius just so I can find everyone.

Hellshade

Actually, that's me in a Confederate Captains's uniform. It was taken at Six Flags Over Georgia a few years ago.

CJ

Were you flying DiD standard in QC, with guns all on realistic...?

Not a hope! All guns on strongest, pilot is invincible, labels on, etc. Gim'me every edge I can get while I try to master these sluggish, viscious airplanes. However; my TrackIR is in the mail and when that gets here, I'll have to get honest and fly some campaigns. Share the discomfort.

Did someone shoot at the photo, CJ? Or throw bottles at it?

It really looks, as if it's been in the drawer of an old gold digger's hut in Windy City!