Sign in to follow this  
ghost-mike

Change the standard airplanes in the Thirdwire Campaign

Hi freaks,

another little question. :yes: :no:

Is there a easy way to change the original campaing aircraft? For example the standard F-15C Eagle against the F-16 Viper or F-14 Tomcat? :blink:

Thanks a lot

ghost-mike

Yes, there is.

This mostly involves changing the side of the Aircraft in question but this is quite simple.

Take the Aircraft you want to oppose (provided that you are "Blue side, NATO and Possible Allies) and change it into "Red" Side (Warzawa/Soviet/Enemy tagged aircraft.

For this to work, you must go to the aircrafts Data file to change NATO/USAF or the like into SOVIET and then find weapons hardpoints and do the same. This is not a smooth transition, but it will allow you to fight against the Aircraft in Single Missions. Be warned that this however is sure to wreck up your campaigns so only use it in Single Missions.

And _do not forget to make backups so you do not have to reinstall it all_

Edited by tigertompa

Oh no,

I want to chang the aicraft type of the campaign --> from f-15A to F-16 or F-14!

Oh, thats even easier. Sorry for misunderstanding then. Focused abit too much on the "against" part.

I take it you have the F-14A by Mirage Factory installed and that this is the Folder Name. You have to remember that the spelling has to be exact. Make also sure you have latest patch installed.

Check if you have Campaign maps in your folder. If you do not, use a .CAT extractor, there is one in the Download Section.

The Campaign you are looking for should be Campaign3 - and have a folder for it with two .ini files.

Open the Ini files and find the Squadron you wish to fly. Simply search for the first F-15 Squadron in [[insert Campaignname]]Data.ini and then replace the F-15 with the F-14 or F-16 of your choice. Again, the new text must match the aircrafts folder name.

Then, go to the other Ini, do the same thing with the same squadron. This will make the game text know that the F-15 is no longer the standard aircraft for the campaign and will show this at the Campaign Screen.

Start the game, play the Campaign.

Good luck defending our country :P

Edited by tigertompa

Danke für die ausführliche Antwort, ich werde es nach Ostern mal testen. So was in der Art hatte ich schon mal probiert, muss nur mal sehen wo mein Fehler lag.

Thanx for the answer, i figure it out! :ok:

Hi!!! maybe you help me :dntknw: I want to do the same-and add plane to campain (JaguarGR). With plane all clear, i add it by the .ini edit :good: . Problem with weapons. My loadout is empty and i can't select any weapons before fly the mission of campaign. What i have to do? Thanks. By the way when i fly a single mission i can use all weapons. post-47661-1241553580_thumb.jpg

Edited by Willykurtz

Look at the weapon supply lines in the campaign ini files. You can't just change the aircraft, you have to change what weapon the squadron gets supplied with.

FC

Info about weapons look at JaguarGR_loadout.ini ? Right?

yes or go to weaponeditor and look for UK and NATO weapons can recall if the Jaguar uses NATO weapons

the easy way his to go to loadout.ini