Sign in to follow this  
Rickitycrate

A Little Project

Hey guys thought I'ld share. I'm an old fool.... I mean an old school kind of guy. I still love hardcopy in my hands. Computers are great but to my mind there is something special about books. I have read so many interesting and informative things written and posted in this forum and then lost track. I had even printed some things and then miss placed them. For the sake of organization and ready reference I thought I should start compiling materials into a binder. And since I was doing that specificlly for OFF BH&H why not dress iit up with some OFF/WWI art. I thank everyone that participates in this forum and I hope there is no objection to my little project as you and your contributtions are throughout my little binder of OFF goodies. By the way, questions count as a big contribution. It is a work in progress. So far I have tabs for DiD, Configurations, Skinning, Trackir, Maps and Multi-player. Maybe some of you are like me, well here is a little suggestion/example. I feel a little sheepish as it is so rudimentry. But for what it's worth.

Quite a diverse collection of books you got there. I didn't imagine that the typical sim junkie was just as interested in RPG-like games like I am :). Also, that OFF binder is awesome!

Hey, that's a nice designed binder, Jim. Wish I had collected all, that we've had available already.

Your copy of 'Under the Guns....' doesn't look as well-thumbed as mine.

Awesome binder for OFF stuff :notworthy: . Though I'm a little disappointed that neither Olham, Siggi nor I are on the cover! :no:

Looks splendid and great idea Rickity :clapping: ! (can I be in it now :sorry: ) And yep I agree there just ain't nothin' like a good book (preferably non-fiction and about WW1) !

Almost everyone is in it or will be in one way or another. As far as who is on the cover I did say it was a work in progress, and you're giving me an idea.

Hahaha! Dej - now he may change it all, with our avatar pics on! Good grief!!

What a crazy nice community we are.

Do you all feel, how rare this really is in life, to join to something so beautiful,

at the right time and place? I can't say, how much it means to me...

I know what you mean Olham. In my real world there is no one, zero people who give a flea's ass about any of this. And here you all are and we talk the same language, worldwaroneairplaneese, from around the world. In good humor and a spirit of sharing. My little binder is small tribute to that and the greatness of our sim.

I can't say, how much it means to me...

C'mon I'm sure you can hehe ! Go on give it a go Olham Olboy lol.

What a fine idea Rickitycrate. Well done Sir. And I know what you mean about books. There is just something about being able to take volume in hand and simply sit and read.

:good:

Cheers!

Lou

Rickity - Terrific OFF compilation. "Under the Guns.." books are excellent..I enjoyed reading both. I just started Fallout 3 as well. Not sure what all the acclaim is about yet though.

Royce

I don't yet have Fallout 3 but intend to get it soon. I want Empire Total War and East India Company too. I have good sized library but propably along the lines of most of you guys. We do seem to be a literate lot.

Fallout3 and East India Company? I thought or getting the first one, but really,

I don't find time to even play more - the forum and flying the sim leave no more space

for anything else. Maybe in a year or so - then they'll be cheaper anyway.

Fallout3 and East India Company? I thought or getting the first one, but really,

I don't find time to even play more - the forum and flying the sim leave no more space

for anything else. Maybe in a year or so - then they'll be cheaper anyway.

Yes cheap, I am waiting for a cheap price. These games do not hold the place in heart that I have for OFF. I had to have OFF immediately. These others will become available at a low price. I only have the Fallout3 book at this time because I paid very little for it and I knew I wanted the game eventually.

That looks grat, RC! :ok:

And, I'm honored you choose my ESC89 Noop for the cover.

Thanks Rabu, that pic just captures a nice spirit of adventure to my mind. I'm glad you are okay with my using it. With the binder I just pause and look up what I need to know rather than leaving the game or trying to remember so much info.

Looks great RC :good:

Hate to ask but can you upload the cover and then those of us who wish can make our own binders.

Just a thought. I know I would use it.

GB

Well GB I would need to see if my old scanner will work with my new laptop. I was going to check that out anyway. There may soon be a revised version of the cover too. I will let you know if I have success.

Looks great Rickity!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves this sort of thing. I get a lot of rolling eyes :rolleyes: from my wife over things like this.

I'm blessed. It's amazing how supportive my wife is. You can see I used your key chart Homeboy. The stick in your illustration happens to be the one I use.

I've been thinking Grumpybear and there is no reason you can't do what I did. Almost everything on the cover and most of the contents was taken right from this forum. The front pic is one of mine that can be found in the screenshots sticky and the back cover is by Rabu and is in that sticky too. The spine is the OFF banner of course and the pilot photos can be found on many websites. My pilot pics came from The Aerodrome website. The front and back covers are collages and can not be printed in a single sheet format unless you were to reduce the size. I did a lot of right mose click and save as. That is why I call it a gradeschool project. Try your ideas and have some fun with it. The binder is a basic 3 ring with clear front and back pockets.