Sign in to follow this  
ONETINSOLDIER

U.S. Navy to the rescue!

OK group.

I'm trying to sort this out with the predictably week info from the lame stream media.

Somaly pirates hijack US registered merchant vessel.

Bad. Very bad.

Merchant Seamen have some pirates captive. but merchant ship captain still captive.

Hmm? Very Interesting.

At first news I thought the Alabama might have been a modern Q ship but that does not seem the case.

USS Bainbridge comes along to assist?

No anouncement on the 1MC, "Borders away. Away all borders" or whatever the command would be now.

Bravo Zulu Merchant Marines!

I'll keep my gob shut now before I post the CL solution

:ph34r: CL

Edited by charlielima

one is still listed as captured Lets all send Good thoughts,and prayer to him ,and the family.

Arrgh!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,513258,00.html

It looks like this is going to turn into a track meet or even a ballet waist deep in mud.

Heineous.

" I know the vid your referring to about waste deep"

but this is the point that always concerns me:

Family members said Capt. Richard Phillips surrendered to the pirates to secure the safety of the crew.

"What I understand is that he offered himself as the hostage," said Gina Coggio, 29, half sister of Phillips' wife. "That is what he would do. It's just who he is and his response as a captain."

It is unclear, however, how the standoff will end, given that Western countries in the past have faced legal difficulties in pursuing such pirates in international waters.

Unfortunatly I can't stop thinking about the Iranian Hostage Crisis.

Hopefully this problem will not be solved by diplomats, lawyers or elected novices of reality, but profesionals.

Edited by charlielima

Well CL,

Just look at History and what We did to the last Pirate Uprising.

They were called Barbaray Pirates back then..........

Well CL,

Just look at History and what We did to the last Pirate Uprising.

They were called Barbaray Pirates back then..........

And we were there together brother.

You up in the cross trees with your musket and me bare footed on the gun.

Or better yet, all of us to boats on a cutting out detail.

Edited by charlielima

this could get real bad....

"The pirates summoned reinforcements, calling in four commandeered ships with hostages from a variety of nations including the Philippines, Russia and Germany, according to the Somali in touch with the pirates. "

in;

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9...;show_article=1

and

"Also on Friday officials said other pirates sought to reinforce their colleagues by sailing hijacked ships with other captives aboard to the scene of the standoff."

in

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,514039,00.html

and can you believe obama took back the right for pilots to carry firearms, and very quietly, I might add.

Hmm?

This will be usefull for a myriad of outcomes.

I just dont get it. Why are those pirates not dead yet??? It must be a simple task for the Navy Seals.

Hmm?

This will be usefull for a myriad of outcomes.

CL,

When an LHD is deployed, It's called a MAF. Marine Amphibious Force..........The bottom line in Your Shot says it all. 2070 Troops.......

MAU's back in My day......Did it way back when. Will do it today. But back then, We hung the Piriates off the Masts of the Ships..........

Semper Fi!

331KillerBee :wink:

I'm wondering how many of those 2070 "troops" aren't "just" aviation marines or the "regular" garden variety amphibious assault marines. A very potent force to put on the pointy end of the sword at any rate. Considering the current regime here in Barrakistan and the appointees from the last regime all 2070 could be lawyers to defend the pirates and federal prosecuters and agents to arrest and try the crew of the Alabama for violating the somali pirates civil rights.

I wonder what else is in the dock besides LCACs and amphitracks (hmm, spelling?). Some brown water navy boats? Or?

I hope this turns out well without us waiting for John Kerry's debate on piracy to finish.

Guest 531_Ghost

Ahem, the current term is MEU as in Marine Expeditionary Unit. The one out now, is accompanied by HMLA 267, sporting their new UH1Ys ;)

Ahem, the current term is MEU as in Marine Expeditionary Unit. The one out now, is accompanied by HMLA 267, sporting their new UH1Ys ;)

Well, I guess there's a difference in Ole' Corps and this new Modern Marine Corps......

I just dont get it. Why are those pirates not dead yet??? It must be a simple task for the Navy Seals.

There's no element of surprise. It's a bunch a pirates in a little life boat with an AK-47 to the hostage's head. Not much they can do.

There's no element of surprise. It's a bunch a pirates in a little life boat with an AK-47 to the hostage's head. Not much they can do.

Life boat develops slow unexplained leak and sinks. pirates unable to swim long with thier small arms.

Combat swimmers conveniently close by assist all.

Life boat develops slow unexplained leak and sinks. pirates unable to swim long with thier small arms.

Just a matter of time they are not going anywhere, let them get tired and hungry and then under the cover of darkness send them to meet their ancestors.

Lazboy

Hmm mm!  :yes: