Sign in to follow this  
BH_von Weyer

Musical Score for OFF movie 11

Communique: To whom it may concern

Salute!

I am very much wanting to know the name of the music that was used in the OFF Movie #11. Does anyone know where this music originated and what are the names of the musical selections which were used?

Salute!

BH_von Weyer

It's our main theme music in BH&H, written for us by the talented Matt Milne.

Much did we praise the new sim "Between Heaven and Hell", but I haven't ever mentioned

the musical score to it yet. It is great, suits the athmosphere perfectly - a score, that could

well be in a movie about WW1 airial combat.

a score, that could

well be in a movie about WW1 airial combat.

God i would love that, and worship the director that hired me for it. I'd kill for a decent opportunity to write some great music, any opportunity.

i'm sorry, do i sound desperate, lol.

It's just that with that kind of canvas, the themes, the ideas, the complex story, the interweaving threads, the energy the power and the creative skill required all rolled in one brings such a huge rush and high, as an artist i'd give anything to experience more frequently. plus the chance to work with some great and talented people.

one of the many reasons i agreed to do off bhah.

Edited by matt milne

Nowadays - no, ever before too - it is constant knocking, scratching, hammering on the right doors.

Getting heard, whereever you can. And of course: chance - luck - the right contact in the right moment.

Your music for BHaH will surely be noticed - you never know, if not the kid of some producer or director

plays this sim.

The son of a friend of mine, a music student, heard your score on a visit. He sat for quite some time in

front of my monitor and speakers, and listened. He was asthonished, that an air combat sim, that didn't

come out through a big major company, had such a fine score.

He sieved me with questions, like: "Did they record with an orchestra?"

I asked: "Does it sound like?" He: "Yes." Me: "I don't know, but when it sounds like that, listen to it like that."

Then I left him alone, and he listened through it.

It is a wonderful piece of music Matt, and I did not realize it had been written specifically for BHaH. Outstanding work Sir. I wish you all the best in your career and will watch for you name in the credits of the next great WW1 aerial combat blockbuster.

BTW, any relation to A.A. Milne?

Cheers!

Lou

I also loved the music and was a bit curious who scored it. I watched the credits and saw the name Matt Milne. After a google search I found the following sites:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=289762

http://www.mp3.com.au/mattmilne

http://www.myspace.com/matmilne

I found “hymn to the fallen pilots of flanders” on soundclick.

Hey, Jammer, good links!

I wonder, if we may use the OFF music for BHaH videos, we post in YouTube?

YouTube is recently very strict about music in the vids. But if we would name

the composer, and he or the team allow the use for this specific purpose?

Perhaps someone from the team can clear this?

yes the overprotecting of copyright is terribly counterproductive. if microsoft had fully exercised theirs we wouldn't have off in the first place, and if apple had done the same microsoft wouldn't exist either.

i'll say it again, discretion in our civilised legal systems is fast dying, much to our own detriment.

though ovs will take offence, i have absolutely no quams with off users using my music in off videos, so feel free, the title of the main off theme is indeed 'hymn to the fallen pilots of flanders' which you can use in your off videos.

Don't use barber's adagio for strings though cause we paid for that privalege, and it's otherwise copyrighted at least for a few more years.

Matt,

I think your music is so much more in synch with BHaH that I can't see why anyone would want to use aught else. i'm not knocking Barber's Adagio but your compositions are my preference.

This is my wish. That there would be a 3 movie shoot, ala Lord of the Rings, of the Patrick O'Brian stories very similar to Master and Commander and that Mr. Matt Milne would be assigned the task of the new compositions and orchestrations for the soundtrack.

Matt, it really is a great piece of music, I love listening to it. You did a fine job.

FWIW from one who is ignorant of such things,

Warren

Matt: I have nothing but the utmost admiration for your score for BHaH. Speaking as someone with 2 tin ears and unable to carry a tune in a basket, I don't know how you manage it. Every time I boot up the game the musical score gives me goosebumps and I usually sit mesmerized by it.

Tony

lol, again a project i'd love to do, but there are 8 directors who could do it well, none of whom would get the funding, and even if they did, none of whom were likely to hire me. every idiot wanabe from here to wisconsin would be trying to get it, some of whom have their own agents yelling and screaming about them, so that's not likely to happen, but again, a great project i would love to do.

i see will wright finally left EA, about time he found his common sense, finally he might start making the games he should have made ten years ago. i don't know who gave him a kick in the butt, but they deserve a medal. Again another great artist i would kill to work with but could never get 5 minutes with to impress.

the simming guys at microsoft were culled by the sim-hating managers, looks like gates was the only gifted guy who valued them, once he went, they went.

i'm glad folks appreciate bhah, it shows that hard work and talent can still pay off, in this world where you don't need talent or be an artist to be employed in the talented-artist industry.

Matt: [...] Every time I boot up the game the musical score gives me goosebumps and I usually sit mesmerized by it.

Tony

Me too. It is somehow very evocative of the war and the early days of flight. Not as sad as Elgar's cello concerto, possibly a good thing. That music never fails to depress me for hours, even though I love it.

One does not expect a 'game' to have decent music, and up to now I have not been surprised. I am most impressed with everything about OFF, especially after playing CFS3 for a few weeks while my DVD was wending its way over here.