Sign in to follow this  
Killer B

SFP-1 CTD with Vista and '06 Service Pack/Patch

I installed SFP-1 on my new HP Pavillion running Vista with 4G Ram and a 2G ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics card.

I originally installed the '08 service pack and patch and my game performed flawlessly.

I sent a PM to Doghouse telling him I was back online and itching to get back in MP combat.

I described my setup, and he told me that nobody does MP with the '08 pack/patch because of issues of slow loading, and that the '08 update had poor realism compared to the '06.

I uninstalled SFP-1, reinstalled it, and installed the '06 service pack and patch. My game performed flawlessly in SP unil I ended the mission. As soon as I hit 'escape' to end the mission, my game crashed to desk. I tried again several times with the same result. I uninstalled the game, reinstalled it, reinstalled the '06 service pack and patch, and tried it again in SP with the same results as before.

I opened the 'properties' in the SFP-1 icon and selected 'run in XP service pack 2 compatibility mode'. I tried the game again with the same results. I tried running the game as admin of my computer, still with the same results.

Has anyone else had this issue and if so, what did you do to resolve it?

I would appreciate any tips, fixes or suggestions for troubleshooting this problem.

Thanks,

Killer B