Sign in to follow this  
331Killerbee

OK, Vietnam Fans........

Here's some Info....

http://www.vietnam.ttu.edu/virtualarchive/

They have every USMC Units AAR's and Monthly Unit Chrono's that served in Theater. Fixed Wing, Rotor, Ground in .PDF formats.

http://aad.archives.gov/aad/series-descrip...t=all&bc=sl

The agency created this series to collect information on U.S., South Vietnamese, and other organizations' combat air activities in Southeast Asia. The agency received monthly reports from organizations such as the Commander-in-Chief, Pacific (CINCPAC) and the Commander-in-Chief, Strategic Air Command (CINCSAC), which in turn received daily input from squadron de-briefing reports. The agency provided CACTA report data to a variety of organizations in the Department of Defense and the Central Intelligence Agency.

This series contains data on air combat missions flown in Southeast Asia by the U.S. Air Force, Army, Navy, Marine Corps, South Vietnam Air Force, Royal Laotian Air Force, Korean Air Force and Royal Australian Air Force during the Vietnamese Conflict. The records include information about fixed-wing airplane and helicopter missions in Vietnam.

This Information is Great in developing User made Missions for the Period. All Information rated "Declassified" through the "Freedom of Information" Act.

The following is for the Marine Units Chronos and AAR that can be used as a Cross Reference for the CACTA's . Information.

Ordnance:

D-1 Mk.81

D-2 Mk.82

D-3 Mk.83

D-4 Mk.84

D-5 2.75 FFAR

D-6 5.0 FFAR

D-7 LAU-10 (Zuni)

D-9 Mk.77

D-14 CBU-24

D-15 CBU-29

D-16 AIM-9

D-17 AIM-7

D-20 20mm Rounds

D-24 Mk.4 Gun Pod

D-26 M-117

D-27 Mk.36

Y- Retarded (Snakeyes)

A- Conical

(DC)- Delayed Charged (Delayed Fuzed)

YCON- Retarded Fins Droped in Conical Mode

W- Whillie Pete

These will help in making the Loadouts.

I've posted this information so Members can make "Real" User generated Missions for their Installs. With SF:Vietnam in the works (SF2/WOV Add-On), Maybe it will add to Yall's experence some.

Semper Fi!

331KillerBee :wink:

Edited by 331Killerbee

Here's an Example of VMF(AW)-235's AAR....

AAR1.gif

AAR2.gif

331KB

Holy smokes!! What a find. Not a very intuitive database for a dumb arse like myself though. Where can I find a listing of base codes for takeoff location? Also, where did you find those USMC AAR scanned docs??

I did poke thru the USAF sorties for 02 Jan 1967 (Bolo) - lots of info.

Thanks for posting this though,

Mike D.

Holy smokes!! What a find. Not a very intuitive database for a dumb arse like myself though. Where can I find a listing of base codes for takeoff location? Also, where did you find those USMC AAR scanned docs??

I did poke thru the USAF sorties for 02 Jan 1967 (Bolo) - lots of info.

Thanks for posting this though,

Mike D.

Mike,

The Marine AAR's are listed via the Units Designation. i.e. VMA-223. Use the Search Function with the Units Designation and it'll show all the Documents related to that Unit in Vietnam.

As for the CACTA's, You'll need the Units Designation, Date of the Mission and A/C Type. But You can put in their Search Field and it'll show all for that Date via Type. For Example, Date: 01 July 1966. A/C Type: F-8. Then the CACTA will list all activities of F-8's on that Date.

One last thing and I'll get off this Subject. If You have Google Earth installed, I have .KMZ Files of all General Bomb Drop Locations in Loas and Cambodia. They list Location, Type of Aircraft and Type of Bomb droped. This is just for General Purpose Bombs and Cluster Bombs. No Rockets or Missles listed. I can only supply them via Request.

Edited by 331Killerbee

Thank you again - I have spent hours now poking through these files - just amazing stuff. Proved me wrong on the F-102 use in SEA in the A/G role!!

Mike

hey killberbee, can you send me those .kmz files?

Done.....

331Killebee,

That is an awesome collection of data you have found. Thanks

331Killebee,

That is an awesome collection of data you have found. Thanks

You're Welcome.

I've had these Links as a closely guarded Secret for some time now. I just figure now was the time to let them loose.

As one can see, One can make countless User Generated Missions. Thousands as opposed to the Hundreds.

Hope Yall' Enjoy!

Semper Fi

331KillerBee :wink:

Guest a10boar

Could not be better timing!Great work and thanks.One day I might know what i'm talking about...I said might! :no: