Sign in to follow this  
godzilla1985

Hey wingman where ya going?

I seem to be having a slight problem with my wingman. Seems like whever I spot a enemy AC this guy won't follow me and stays on the flight path the rest of the squad is taking. I don't fly as the main flight leader but I thought your wingman (if assigned one) is suppose to stick to you like glue. No matter if I use the R key or the H key he stays with the main flight. Here's an example of my last flight. I was 2nd element flight leader of a 6 AC two flight element. The second element consisted of myself, my wingman and another flyer (not sure what his function was, another wingman?). Anyway we came out of warp because of an enemy aircraft trigger, this also coinsided with a waypoint direction change. Using the padlock I locked onto a flight of AC going in the opposite direction the rest of the flight would be taking with the new waypoint. I zoomed in and seen they were single mid-fuselage winged AC, since there are no other single mid-fuselage winged AC in the game I knew they were German Eindeckers. I moved to intercept and hit the R key, thinking my 2 wingmen are following me (at least one anyway). Well I blundered into a gaggle of 8 Fokker E1's. I dropped one on my first pass, but quickly one was on my tail, I padlocked him and it was Max Immelmanns green eindecker, he got a couple hits on me before I reversed it and was on his 6. I got a couple hits on him when my DH.2 was being hit from behind again, I padlock this latest threat and it's Oswald Boelcke, man am I in deep :shok: . Somehow I managed to keep these two from getting a decent bead on me while I pressing the H key frantically. My DH.2 is getting peppered now and I'm in the weeds with next to no options, two cracker jack pilots on my 6 and the other Fokkers cutting of any exit. So I figure what the heck, might as well and see what my WINGMAN is up too. I hit the CTRL-TAB key and there they are flying blissfully along with the 1st element, yeah I'm all alone :tumbleweed: I was out of options so I put the DH.2 down for a rough landing (I was on my side of the lines), I survived to fight another day, but what am I doing wrong here?

Maybe if you bought your wingmen a round of beer at the club after missions they would watch your 6 in a pinch? :biggrin:

Maybe if you bought your wingmen a round of beer at the club after missions they would watch your 6 in a pinch? :biggrin:

:biggrin: Immelmann and Boelcke both on my 6, I'd would have bought my wingmen as much beer as they wanted if they would have been there for this one! Whats the chances of having these two hit you at the same time, boy when I step in it I really step in it :haha: