Hi,

I find that the F15I V1.5 is very hard to fly. At speeds of 300-400 knots the angle of attack is still very high i.e. the angle between the 'bird' and the nose marker (the w) is big, and gets bigger at slower speeds, making it impossible to land at speeds under 200 knots at which the bird is deep in the 'ground' and the aircraft is sinking like crazy.

In the original F-15A Baz model, use can land easily at 150kts, and at speeds of 300-400 knots, the bird and the nose marker are already aligned.

Is the anyone that can offer a fix?

Thansk.

Not as of yet. The SG and S models fly fine. Matter of fact the DS one is the same one and flies nicely.

Will it be possible fubar512's response? I believe he made the flight model.

Also, if I take the F15I's skin, and put it on the DS model, will it work?

Will it be possible fubar512's response? I believe he made the flight model.

Also, if I take the F15I's skin, and put it on the DS model, will it work?

Yes the skin should. Also the FM from the F-15E should work on the F-15I. What mode are you flying it? hard? Normal? I fly everything at normal.

Yes the skin should. Also the FM from the F-15E should work on the F-15I. What mode are you flying it? hard? Normal? I fly everything at normal.

I fly at normal, but still the angle of attack is huge for normal cruise speed.

Where can I get the DS model, is there a link?

Thanks.

Thanks!

One more thing. I see that one of the differences between the SG model's .data file and the F15I model's .data file is that in the SG there's the following line:

CGPosition=0.00,1.00,0.00

while in the 'I' the same line looks like this:

CGPosition=0.00,0.00,0.00

could this change in the plane's center of gravity cause this problem with the angle of attack?

I See that the DS campaign is for WOE and not WOI, will it work?

Only for WOE.

DS Mod has the F-15E. Which you can convert to an F-15I, and use it in WOI.

As a WOI user... DS works and doesn't work. The reason it's for WOE is because the aircraft that were available in 1991 is pretty much the stock aircraft in WOE. You can get by that by downloading the A-10 Version 3.0, which you can use a LANTIRN but otherwise same as any A-10. You want realism don't load a pod, as well as other stuff that WOE has. Barring that, I have WOI only, with a mixmash of WOV and WOE (no stock aircraft though).

As a WOI user... DS works and doesn't work. The reason it's for WOE is because the aircraft that were available in 1991 is pretty much the stock aircraft in WOE. You can get by that by downloading the A-10 Version 3.0, which you can use a LANTIRN but otherwise same as any A-10. You want realism don't load a pod, as well as other stuff that WOE has. Barring that, I have WOI only, with a mixmash of WOV and WOE (no stock aircraft though).

Cool, thanks for the tips :)

What about the CG issue (see few posts above), could this solve the problem?

I could be mistaken, but that seems more like a model issue rather than I would guess an ini issue.

In order to get the DS model, do I need to download all 3 parts of the mod, and if not - which one do I need in order to extract the model?

Download all three parts. You know you want to! :smile:

Download all three parts. You know you want to! :smile:

Hello all - thanks for everyone that replied in this thread, it was an enormous help.

The DS model flies beautifully as an F15I - all I had to do is replace the F15I's data ini file with the DS F15E's data ini file, and immidiatly the flight experiance changed for the better.

Also I did download all 3 parts, and I know I'm going to enjoy them ;)

Thanks Again!