Sign in to follow this  
RAF_Louvert

The Flying Elephant

I hope everyone had a safe and happy Easter. I know I did.

I even had some time this evening to work a bit on my latest paint skin for the Strutter 1 1/2. Here are a few screen shots of "L'Elephant de vol". :smile:

L

L

L

Cheers!

Lou

Being a grafic designer and semi-artist, I'd hardly be able to force myself to shoot this one down.

Thanks Olham, very nice of you to say that Sir. I have to tell you this one was a real learning experience for me in terms of sorting out how to distort the design in order to have it look correct when it wrapped the 3-D model. I don't know about the other OFF planes, but the Strutter is not at all symmetrical in terms of how the skin wraps around it. It took a LOT of tweaking to get it all to line up nice and true.

Cheers!

Lou

I placed the file for my Strutter skin in the download section. Please let me know if it works for you.

1916 Strutter 1 1/2 "Elephant of Flight"

Cheers!

Lou

Looks like another Crimson Tide fan to me.....................

Actually Jug, I started with a logo from a WWI era French cigarette box. But it does look a tad like Alabama's mascot in that they are both elephants. :smile:

Cheers!

Lou

Actually Jug, I started with a logo from a WWI era French cigarette box. But it does look a tad like Alabama's mascot in that they are both elephants. :smile:

Cheers!

Lou

I am confused a bit here. This is a very good looking skin, and obviously a lot went into the making of it. Is this a depiction of a plane that actually flew, or is this a creation for OFF?

sinbad

said it before, will say it again..that is one sh*t hot skin!!

Morning Sinbad,

Riketycrate asked the same question about this skin, and while it was not taken from any particular WWI graphics scheme I tried to give it a very authentic feel to the point of beginning with a vintage image from a French cigarette package for the elephant, which I then altered to fit this project. I also took various graphic design ideas from actual Great War aircraft to help maintain that "genuine" feel, and used colors that are appropriate to the time period.

And thanks again Widowmaker. I have my next project already in the works and this one will be an historic scheme based entirely on a specific WWI kite.

Cheers!

Lou