Sign in to follow this  
WarlordATF

First Eagles, Over Flanders Fields

After further review, I see no one getting attacked. I see some statements being quoted about some inaccuracies of certain posts. But no direct attacks. So please debate the topic but not each other.

If anyone has issues then please PM me.

This is boiling down to a couple people trying to convince each other of whose sim is better. No one will win that one.

Rabu you like OFF, we have a great forum here for it as you know. I wouldn't waste your time debating this anymore.

Buddywoof you have your RoF and its popular at SimHQ so I suggest you stay over the enjoy your kind over there.

This way no more debating on whose sim is better.

Just got to reading all of this post. While the debate is very heated, I don't see any personal threats being thrown here. People have opinions, and choose to express them in many different ways and in many different areas. If someone thinks a certain sim is flawed, well that is what they think. If someone thinks that person is wrong, well that is their opinion also. Again, I don't see any personal attacks.

Edited by ArgonV

It's not an opinion, it's a fact. Airplanes adhere to a set of fundamental aerodynamic laws and OFF's flight model is flawed. Sorry if that hurts your feelings. I'm just stating it as it is.

I'm glad though that you are enjoying OFF. I guess we all have our preferences........ but don't fool yourself thinking that OFF offers anything close to a flight model that can be called remotely realistic.

Just your opinion, we have lots of other players of OFF BHH, many of whom are pilots, who would disagree with you completely. It's true that ROF has a lot more attention given to the flight model and it is excellent. But ROF is missing the whole other side of the experience of being in the WWI environment, the dynamic campaign and feeling of being there. That's why your put downs of OFF as being to easy don't make any sense when you see all the feedback on the ROF forum citing all the AI kills in ROF that are so easy. This just doesn't happen in OFF, nor did it happen in WWI. It's because the AI in OFF is much more difficult. I'm sure ROF will improve, but until they can make drastic changes to their campaign engine, and in other areas, they are going to continue to feel scripted and empty. This has been pointed out by quite a few players, it isn't just me saying it.

Again, you go over board with your comments by saying that OFF `isn't remotely realistic,' it is, and it's extremely involving, you have to look at the whole picture, not just one aspect of a sim. At this point each has its advantages and disadvantages. I'm sure ROF will improve, I've stated that over and over. Meanwhile, OFF will improve too, they have recently made major improvements to problems that were really irritating, like in cloud turbulance, etc. and they will also continue to improve. This isn't a contest though, BW, it's simply, two excellent WWI flight sims, each offering an incredible experience to anyone willing to give them a try. There is room for both on anyone's hard drive, unless one is only interested in a narrow part of a sim experience, like only the fm, or only the campaign, etc. OFF is still the best all inclusive expereince that is available at this point. Hopefully ROF will catch up in time.

Meanwhile, I'm enjoying both of them.

This is boiling down to a couple people trying to convince each other of whose sim is better. No one will win that one.

Rabu you like OFF, we have a great forum here for it as you know. I wouldn't waste your time debating this anymore.

Buddywoof you have your RoF and its popular at SimHQ so I suggest you stay over the enjoy your kind over there.

This way no more debating on whose sim is better.

I'm not trying to debate whose sim is better, as you put it. I've said over and over again that both have a lot to offer, but in differnt ways. I just don't like OFF being discredited and put down with untrue exaggerations about it's sim status or worth, that just isn't right. I've never taken that attitude toward ROF or made cutting remarks in that manner.

There is a huge differenc between pointing out what one thinks are problems in a sim that need to be adressed as opposed to dismissing a sim as arcade because it's flight model isn't as good as another, etc. One is constructive critism, the other is vendictive attacks, that's why I reacted with my post.

This theread is for opinions about each sim, not put downs, lets keep it in that direction. OFF, FE and ROF each have unique and real sim experiences and I'm glad each has made it this far.

My point is that this thread will eventually lead down that road. They always do. So please take a step back everyone and go have fun with your sims.

Guys, the debate, discussion, exchange of opinions, whatever you want to call it is over.

In the words of De Niro in 'Heat'.. "Walk away."

Guys, It was never my intention for this to become a "My Sims Better" discussion. I hoped to bring the community together through our mutual love of WWI Aviation. We all have things we like or hate about our sims, but this is not what i wanted from this thread when i started it.

If we can have a civil conversation about WWI Aircraft,Pilots or Tactics then please do so, otherwise i'll have to ask the mods to close this thread. I want it to be about creaking wood and canvas with chattering guns not why this sim is better than another.

Thanks!

It doesn't matter if you brought up game B or not.

The truth is being condescending with a "don't fool yourself thinking that OFF offers anything close to a flight model that can be called remotely realistic" is classic trolling behavior. It adds nothing to the discussion, merely presents your opinion as if it's an undeniable fact (which an opinion by definition cannot be) and both insults anyone who believes different and dares them to prove otherwise (when the very statement indicates no such proof would be accepted).

While rabu has made lengthy explanations of why he believes what he does, your entire argument has boiled down to "the FM is wrong" with a single example. Unless you work for a 24 hr opinion network and see no problem with preaching to the choir with unsupported "facts" without proof and insulting those who feel differently, I would suggest you should take a different tactic in your discussion.

Oh, and disagreeing and/or pointing out statements made in the past are a far cry from attacks.

I've also seen it stated several times that FMs in OFF Phase 3 differ from those in Phase 1 and 2, so if that's true making statements about OFF pre-phase 3 have little bearing on the final product. You can't judge a 2009 car by the 1995 model.

Both of you take a step back, a deep breath and calm down. I'm tarded for my favourite sim series too, even it does have its flaws. But getting red in the face and turning this thread into a pissing contest isn't constructive. You've already been warned to throttle back from both EricJ and the Skipper. If either of them have to stop this car, it won't be pretty. Now play nice or take it to PMs. Last warning.