Sign in to follow this  
Nightshift82

CF-5A and Sidewinders in WOE (NATO Fighters III)

I've started the Red Lightning Campaign (1979) with the CF-5A. I can only load AIM-9B's on the sidewinder stations on the CF-5A, is this on purpose? Or is there something that needs to be changed? I've checked the weapon data for the 'winders and it shows the USAF 'winders to be both US and NATO users with the same start dates for the USAF and NATO. I fact, there is only 4 weapons types (mk 82's, mk. 82 snakeye's, AIM-9B's, and LAU-3/A's) and 2 types of tanks that I can choose period. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Nightshift82

AFAIK the CF5 never actually used Sidewinders. According to Canadian Profile (SMS Publishing), 2 of them could be carried on the wingtips, but the whole book does not show any pic of it.

The Dutch "sister plane" NF5A used wingtip AIM9J's while on QRA-duties as interim interceptors during the transition period from the F104G to the F16 for the Leeuwarden based 322 / 323 Squadrons.

Took a lot of testing though on the Dutch modified wings of the NF5 (manoeuvering flaps, later used by the F5E) in order to find out about flutter......

Hou doe,

Derk :smile:

I'll have a look...it may be that the wingtip stations on the plane are only allowing NATO weapons.

I'll have a look...it may be that the wingtip stations on the plane are only allowing NATO weapons.

That's what I thought at first, but after looking at the weapondata ini. all the USAF sidewinders have the boxes checked for USAF and NATO use. Also I can get all NATO weapons when I play a single mission, it's just the campiagn that knocks down the weapons choices.

Only the left and right sidewinder stations have "AllowedWeaponClass=IRM,FT". Have you added IRM to the AllowedWeaponClass= line on any of the other stations you want to load sidewinders on?

That's what I thought at first, but after looking at the weapondata ini. all the USAF sidewinders have the boxes checked for USAF and NATO use. Also I can get all NATO weapons when I play a single mission, it's just the campiagn that knocks down the weapons choices.

You cant load a weapon in the campaign. If that weapon is not listed in the suply of that air unit in the camaign data ini. It will simply not be at the base you are flying from