Sign in to follow this  
Gr.Viper

Strike Fighters 2 Vietnam is Released!

I wonder, how TW A-10 will compare against DCS's :biggrin:

Easier to fly..? :rofl:

Remember that 3D models comparision between LOMAC's and WOE's F-15A? TW's one was better :smile:

Easier to fly..?

I hope there'll be two of them at least: before and after avionics got laser and maverickability.

Remember that 3D models comparision between LOMAC's and WOE's F-15A?

Err.. missed that. :blink: Didn't do much simming back then, when it could happen.

I'm pretty sure updated cockpits alone will be worth the price

Easier to fly..? :rofl:

Remember that 3D models comparision between LOMAC's and WOE's F-15A? TW's one was better :smile:

Don't know how will DCS A-10 be, but LOMAC's A-10 in comparision to TW's A-10 are like Spitfire and FW190 in il2 lol

Strike Fighters 2 Vietnam is its own program its not an update where you need the original to run it is it?

Also has the dogfighting improved, how well does the phatom manuveur now?

No need to have the original.

As an ugly brick with a couple of boosters. Yeah, I know it's a compliment, but I can't help it.

Strike Fighters 2 Vietnam is its own program its not an update where you need the original to run it is it?

Improved in what way? What was wrong with the F-4?? - I know it wasn't perfect but it wasn't far off. See countless other threads on how to fly the F-4 properly.

The phantom flight model has always been excellent. It was not a nimble aircraft.

No need to have the original.

so i can download it right away an play there isnt a program needed correct

In case this bit of trivia has not appeared yet: I have XP, installed to the default location, ran the DirectX setup utility provided, and after installation could not locate any of the described folders in any My Documents folder UNTIL I RAN THE GAME ONCE. Then they appeared in the My Documents - Thirdwire folder.

Mike D.

That is the same as Vista. The game creates those folders on first run.

...Is it true that there is a STOCK A-1???

...Is it true that there is a STOCK A-1???

It is !

And it's pretty decent too.

A-1H and A-1J. Non-flyable, elevator is not animated, but yes, it is there.

Which ObjectData.CAT is it in??? :dntknw:

Which ObjectData.CAT is it in??? :dntknw:

.....Thanks! :biggrin:

Something that I'm noticing about the stock aircraft is that none of the decals are showing up. I'm doing some testing on the A-7A and the decals that do show up are for random units. For instance, VMA-211. What's that? No tail art, just the squadron name at the base.

Is anyone else seeing this?

I'm afraid my fix will end up being hard coding each default skin to a unit.

Something that I'm noticing about the stock aircraft is that none of the decals are showing up. I'm doing some testing on the A-7A and the decals that do show up are for random units. For instance, VMA-211. What's that? No tail art, just the squadron name at the base.

Is anyone else seeing this?

I'm afraid my fix will end up being hard coding each default skin to a unit.

Yes I have fouind it too. I think its an old bug from the !sr WOV. Which I hate.

Okay.

The RF-101C was not made to be compatible with the 2nd generation of TW sims (SFP2/SFV). However...

The RF-101C requires some stock bitmaps that are in the first generation TW sims (SFP1/WOx series). Find what those bitmaps are, extract them from the appropriate CAT file, and put them into you RF-101C cockpit directory.

Use a HEX editor to look inside the cockpit LOD file to find the specific bitmap (it'll be bitmaps named that don't exist in the cockpit directory).

Before you ask, use the search function here to look up 'CAT extractor' to find it, download it, and use it.

Also, use Google to find an appropriate HEX editor...DO NOT actually hex edit anything, you're just using it to view.

Finally, use our knowledge base (located right here at Combatace) to learn the definitions of some of the terms I used if you are unsure.

FC