Sign in to follow this  
ordway

F-102A Fast Bleed flight model V.3

F-102A Fast Bleed flight model V.3

This is an alternate flight model I developed about a year before the F-102A Delta Dagger was released by Veltro2K. It is based on Pasko's F-106 flight model, but modified in deliberate ways. I used Mirage 3 flight models as a guide as well as it is underpowered and has that huge hanging delta.

After I finished, I stop watch timed its climb compared to the F-106, and it matched the specs very closely if I remember right.

I added more drag as well because of the more forward air inlets and other drag producing features. I played with the engine thrust until the climbing numbers worked out.

Although a beautiful flying airplane, it bleeds off speed much faster than the F-106 (and the standard released F-102A) in high G situations due to less engine power and more drag. It also climbs much slower, but still not bad compared to contemporaires.

However, It really is not a dogfighter as some would claim the later more powerful and more refined F-106 was. I have dogfighted this flight model against all types of early Migs to the Mig-21. If you keep fast and boom and zoom with its incredible radar system, you can equal the Mig-21 and sometimes kill one.

Thanks to Pasko for his incredible F-106 flight model.

V.3 changes.

The drop tanks are now droppable. Thanks Lexx_Luthor.

It was Pasko's F-106 flight model not Dave's that I based the F-102 on. Thanks Dave.

The pilot in the extenal view in now in the cockpit which some people had problems with depending on how much had been added.

Instructions:

1-Backup your files! (This time I really mean it...you may not like the flight model!)

2- Unzip the contents of the F-102 flight model folder to ...\SFP1\Objects\Aircraft\F-102A\.

3-When prompted, overwrite the files.

Enjoy!

Why are all of the F-102 files being taken down?

I uploaded the dedicated F-102 Cockpit again this morning Wednesday, April 15. In the new version, I added credit to Pasko instead of Dave (my goof) and added the ability to slightly see the wingtips from the cockpit (thanks to Lexx_Luthor). Otherwise it is the same. I do not know why it is not up yet.

I have a little problem... When I installed the new FM, my pilot is siting out side of the cockpit and the afterbuner flame is not aligned with the Engine also my throttle somehow controls the bombbay door. Really wierd. Other than those oddities I like the new FM. :)

img00001.jpg

img00002.jpg

img00003.jpg

I have a little problem... When I installed the new FM, my pilot is siting out side of the cockpit and the afterbuner flame is not aligned with the Engine also my throttle somehow controls the bombbay door. Really wierd. Other than those oddities I like the new FM. :)

Yes, I tested this and sometimes got this problem and sometimes not. To

fix this, I had to start the F-102 install from scratch again.

1. So erase the F-102 folder or rename it.

2. Then, download the original F-102A Veltro2k and install it.

3. Then drop in my flight model and

4. Then drop in my cockpit in that order and see if it works.

If not redo it and reverse my order with first my cockpit and then the flight model.

One of the other worked for me and the pilot stays put.

I fly it without any problems.

Okay, I changed it in version V3 so that the pilot is in the cockpit in the external view no matter which order it is installed.