Sign in to follow this  
batnv

Install Error

Hello all. Could you please help me out with this installation problem.

post-48014-1239791748_thumb.jpg

Thanks

batnv

couple quick guesses

is your cfs3 patched to 3.1a and have been run at least once before you tried to install off2?

did you install everything to the default directories?

lol...awwww..come on.....

Some people are just not up on forums, not to mention anyone coming here for the first time,,,,,

what ever happened to..."hello,,,how can i help you?"

lol...awwww..come on.....

Some people are just not up on forums, not to mention anyone coming here for the first time,,,,,

what ever happened to..."hello,,,how can i help you?"

No kiddin'! Sure is a friendly bunch to the new folks.

Warren

The faster he gets phase 2 running the faster he will want to get phase 3. And then the faster us all get phase 4 (not for a couple years though :smile: - got to get my fill of phase 3 yet!)

Hi all, thanks for the replies, well at least the helpful ones.  :tongue:

The game was installed to default dir, patched to v3.1 (not 3.1a) and run before trying to install OFF.

I had already read the sticky in the other forum. It wasn't much help to my problem.

The core 1 file unpacks fine, the OFF installer window pops up, gets to 4% and then errors out with message box I attached in my previous post.

I have 40GB of free disk space. For some reason it does not want to copy the contents of the Animation folder or create the folder itself.

Any suggestions please.

Thanks in advance.

batnv

going on the assumption it might be a bad dvd, if you want another one, pm me your address, but dont think that is going to help...

another guess....see if you can copy your cfs3 animation folder to another location, (just to see if its not corrupt)

looks to me like its having problems copying the files it needs from cfs3....so maybe that install didnt go so good (even thou you got to run it once)

Edited by sitting_duck

I installed Phase II on a Vista PC (64-bit no less) and it ran fine. I suggest that for any executable (whether its for the CFS3 install and patches, OFF P2 install, the config executable, etc), make sure you install/run that executable as Administrator.

Are you using Vista or XP?....not really clear from the posts. Also wouldn't hurt to post your system specs....

Edited by steve58

Hi, agian thanks for the replys.

My system specs :

ASUS M3A78 PRO Motherboard

Windows XP SP3

160GB SATA HDD

AMD X2 7750 BE

4GB DDR2-800

Radeon HD4830

I can copy my Animation folder manually elsewhere.

Clue maybe ? The DVD was custom made for me by a friend. He copied his CFS3 to the root of the DVD and then added an OFF folder containing 5 exe files, Core 1 - 3, Update 1.9 and Hotfix 1.9E. The DVD autoruns and CFS3 was installed from here. After a successfull install I played it a bit, exited, went to the OFF folder on the DVD and ran the first Core file. Core file unpacks runs and then errors out.

My friend did NOT try the DVD himself. He already had his installed. I can't get him to try it at the moment as he is in Australia until the end of May.

I tried installing by copying the Core 1 file to my HDD, however same error.

Well thanks for all your help but my problem is now sorted.

I was having trouble installing another game which would not copy files folders also. I did a web search and some were saying to run a registry cleaner.

Well I ran a free cleaner which found several thousand errors. I told it to fix the errors and then tried OFF again, success at last.

Now my only problem appears to be game lag every so often even at 1024 x 788 (Was using 1280 x 800)

Well thanks for all your help but my problem is now sorted.

I was having trouble installing another game which would not copy files folders also. I did a web search and some were saying to run a registry cleaner.

Well I ran a free cleaner which found several thousand errors. I told it to fix the errors and then tried OFF again, success at last.

Now my only problem appears to be game lag every so often even at 1024 x 788 (Was using 1280 x 800)

If the lag you are getting is what seems to be stuttering, try limiting the framerates. Hit Z to see where your average is about at and set it at a level below that by a comfortable margin. As low as 15fps could be smooth enough to use. The to actually edit them, go to the program file directory for OFF and then to the default folder and then open config file (I think!?) by using a text editor like notepad. It probably will be a bit jumbled, but read through it till you find something like FPS. If it is currently 0 that means it is set to unlimited frames so just replace that with your desired frame rate (eg. 30). Limiting the frames really helped me out and made my flights much smoother.

But once you get some cash, go and get Phase 3 :biggrin: As good as phase 2 is, 3 is far and away better and way more immersive. It even seemed to run a bit faster than 2 for me as well. Plus, Uncleal wont be so grumpy towards you once you join us phase 3ers!!!! :rolleyes:

Thanks guys. (and gals ?)  :good:

I have been reading the forums and have followed the advice for the config file settings. Haven't run OFF yet though as was getting on to 1am and I was beat.

Would love to get Phase 3 but it will have to wait for now. With the NZ exchange rate + shipping to NZ it will take a back seat for now. Our first baby is due shortly and we will be down to one income. Already spending a lot of money on needed baby stuff.

Depending on how OFF goes now with the new settings I will try at 1680 x 1050 as I am running a Samsung T220 LCD.

Will let you know how I get on.