Sign in to follow this  
rabu

Any One Tried 3 Monitors?

This looks really interesting and it apparently will work with CFS3

Matrox Triple Head converter

Here's a video using it with D-Box and TrackIR ..pretty amazing.

My mate has one, ( he mostly does FSX flying ), and it will work with his install of OFF, though it's not to my taste. He's seen my projector and I gather he prefers that.

It's a matter of personal preference, of course, but it might be one of those investments where a session using one would be necessary, before committing.

Hard to get, I imagine.

I've got the triplehead2go Digital and TrackIR setup and running. OFF works great as does FS2004. No way I could now go back to a single screen. The setup of the whole rig was fairly easy too. Matrox has greatly improved the software so it's pretty user friendly. I'm using 3 19" flat panels. It's so nice I'm starting to save up for an upgrade to 22" screens (maybe next fall). I have not noticed any drop in FPS with either TrackIR or TH2Go, but then I've got a pretty powerful machine. OFF v. 1.30 fixed a glitch in the Matrox screen resolution so it's all great now.

The only downsides I could possibly come up with are:

1) the bezels (the frames between the monitors) act as breaks between screens but when you get flying and into the action you don't notice them. Matrox has a bezel management tool that helps.

2) You should set it up with 3 of the same exact type of monitors so it doesn't lend itself to collecting odds and ends, meaning more $$ for monitors.

I can honestly say flying OFF with my current setup is the best sim flying I've ever done. I would endorse both TrackIR and TH2Go. (and no I'm not affiliated with either :rolleyes: )

Thatks for your feedback, everyone. It sounds really interesting. Another option would be those wide screen, 3d lenses you wear, but I've heard the resolution is not that great with them. And yet another option would be to get a TV projector and screen, but I don't have room for something like that in our small office where the computer is, where as, the three screens, like three 19" ones, would not be hard to set up and not that expensive.

Good to hear that it doesn't cut into fps as well.

I guess you have all heard of this one.

Looks a little small do you think?

best

nio

Hello,

all nice, but wouldn't it be much better to just have a 4x2 yards screen with a decent beamer ?

Greetings,

Catfish

I guess you have all heard of this one.

Looks a little small do you think?

best

nio

Wow Nio that looks way cool!

I found the link http://www.frex.com/gp/

But it looks like it won't work with OFF/cfs3 ...yet

Looks like they sell you the projection screen and you have to buy a rear projector

Problem is that it requires you to adjust the FOV in-game to get the periferal vision

cfs3 only has a zoom feature that probably isn't up to the task

Aw Nuts!

Hello,

all nice, but wouldn't it be much better to just have a 4x2 yards screen with a decent beamer ?

Greetings,

Catfish

If you have room for it, Also, it wouldn't be the wide angle view you get with the triple head set up or the wide angle 2d glasses I mentioned.

Edited by rabu

This looks really interesting and it apparently will work with CFS3

Matrox Triple Head converter

Here's a video using it with D-Box and TrackIR ..pretty amazing.

A couple of years ago Track IR opened up a whole new world of simming for me. This year brought TH2Go, and it was yet another quantum leap in immersion. Very highly recommended. :cool:

A couple of years ago Track IR opened up a whole new world of simming for me. This year brought TH2Go, and it was yet another quantum leap in immersion. Very highly recommended. :cool:

I'm seriously thinking about it.. just trying to think how I can explain the "necessity" of having TH@Go to the wife. :dntknw: Maybe if I could fill the three screen up with shoes...

I'm seriously thinking about it.. just trying to think how I can explain the "necessity" of having TH@Go to the wife. :dntknw: Maybe if I could fill the three screen up with shoes...

LOL - With a projector you can always tell her you've bought a cinema for her. When you've stopped playing OFF, put a film DVD in the computer turn up the sound - and Voila! Her favourite films on the big screen.

Don't forget the popcorn