Sign in to follow this  
Olham

Albatros D Va "Stropp" ready for download

Although the restauration documentation of this plane, from the National Air and Space Museum,

shows the plane with Lozenge wings, I followed Dan San Abbott from The Aerodrome, who is said

to have seen almost every photo showing wartime Albatros. He believes, the plane rather had

Darkgreen/Mauve camouflage on the upper wing surfaces.

I may though add the other version later, too.

Olham, I have the Stropp book from the Smithsonian and I see that your version looks very good and close to thier restoration. Thanks for doing this plane.

Dan's call on the wing being mauve and green was based on serial number. It was confirmed when an original piece fo the yellow and green tail fabric was examined and was found to have underside blue beneath the unit color. Futher the green panels as restored are too green should be close to WWII RLM02 grey green and the fuselage was likely darker than the near white as restored by NASM.