Sign in to follow this  
Tonyo - legion

Visit to the Shuttleworth collection today

Hi everyone,

Sorry i havent been in touch lately, but work/home commitments have been keeping me pretty busy.

I went to old warden today to see the shuttleworth collection & have some pics which might be of some interest to you..

Theyre getting them ready for this years flying season, The Se5a was in hangar having engine maintainance, as was the bristol F2b

Hi Tonyo-i'll be going to one of the fly-ins this year, do you know when they start?

Hi Tonyo-i'll be going to one of the fly-ins this year, do you know when they start?

Hi Red-Dog,

I have the leaflet in front of me as regards the flying schedule :

MAY 03 Spring Air Display, MAY 16 Evening Air display June 07 Summer Air display

June 20 Evening air display 2 July 05 Military Pageant Air Display with naval feature

July 18 Evening Air Display 3 & LAA party in park AUG 02 Military Pageant Air display

Aug 15 Evening air display 4 Aug 22 Flying Proms Concert Sept 06 Shuttleworth Air Display

Sept 26 Evening Air display 5 OCT 04 Autumn Air display

The Leaflet says the prices are as follows:

Air Display Days = £20.00 per person

Military Pageant Displays = £25.00 per person

Evening air Displays = £20.00 per person

Kids up to 16 yrs = FREE

Theres other events as well such as arromodellers fairs, steam & county fairs too

Regards TonyO.

Cheers mate, is it ture they only fly the old birds on an evening due to the wind speed being lower?

Cheers mate, is it ture they only fly the old birds on an evening due to the wind speed being lower?

Yes, As theyre so fragile the less bumps the better apparently they take some controlling.

Yes, As theyre so fragile the less bumps the better apparently they take some controlling.

Aug 15 sounds good for me. Thanks again. :good:

You lucky island people!

Some people say, the S.E.5a was ugly and bulky. Don't they have eyes?

She is a beautiful plane to me!

Great shots, Tonyo!

Well said Olham ! She is a beautiful thoroughbred. A work of Edwardian art. Like you, I can't understand why some think she's ugly ? And, along with your beloved Albatros, they are in my opinion the iconic scouts of WW1. Both proved themselves as fine scouts over a long period. The SE was designed and prototypes flown toward the end of 1916 I think. Probably in retaliation against the DII which was introduced around Sept/Oct 1916 ?

Tonya ! Those pics are georgeous ! Thanks for sharing .... you lucky bugger.

You lucky island people!

Some people say, the S.E.5a was ugly and bulky. Don't they have eyes?

She is a beautiful plane to me!

Great shots, Tonyo!

Hi Olham,

she certainly is a beautiful machine - a real thoroughbred, I do have some more shots to post, but for some reason, I cant get them to upload, maybe the file sizes are too big!