Sign in to follow this  
Fleet Command CC

Which is best one to go for

Would someone let me know which of the Third Wire Productions games is the best for adding the addon models?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :good:

Edited by Fleet Command CC

They're pretty much all the same, at least, the first generation of the WOx series is since the last series of patches. I haven't tried SF2 yet, but the graphical improvements include support for high res skins and there's a slight re-organisation of the file tree. But if you're talking about the first gen WOx games, the differences are minimal once you patch them with the latest patches. And by minimal, I mean it's just the campaigns that come with the game, the default terrain and stock aircraft. If you buy SF, you'll get the Dhimar/Paran terrain, in WOE it's the Europe terrain and so on. That's all that separates the series (again, after they've been patched to the current patches).

WOE is the best IMUHO among the "first" series of titles, has the widest amount of stock flyable planes available from Hunter to Warthog, also some user made mods like huge ODS are designed strictly for WOE.

WOI has the nicest so far stock terrain, and strong historical background

WOV has very good Yankee Air Pirate payware addons

SPF1 and SFG are pretty much the same, some may complain about the fictional set of Dhimari and Parani desert

The "new" upgraded series, Strike Fighters 2 and following titles are more resources hungry (updated engine, hires models, new DX10 shaders etc) if that matters

Honestly, they are all easy to put addons on because they where all designed with the same engine. Just depends what you want in a game. If you want carrier stuff without the hassle of learning the mission editor, go for WOV, if you want to fight in Europe, WOE, and if you prefer some desert op's in a fictional world, go for SF/SFG. (Ive got SFG, but i would rather have WOV personally)

Most of the stuff you find here works on all versions of the game anyway...

SF is the basic, and is what I use, but WoV has A-6 and F-105 cockpits which are two of the best in the series. I import all other stuff into my original SF. That takes some work though.

The new Vista WoV won't have A-6 cockpit.

Get the Classic WoV now before its too late.

I don't know if WoE has F-105. If so, that's pretty good as it also has Hunter cockpit.

If you want carrier stuff without the hassle of learning the mission editor, go for WOV...

I'm not 100% sure about that any more. Since I patched WOV to current, none of my ships nor any anti-shipping seems to work in it for me at all.