Sign in to follow this  
Wels

Framerate drops,

Hello,

i have reset a lot of graphic settings due to a new processor, but now the framerate (with the faster proc.) is bader than ever. So i reconfigured the graphic setting from workshop, but i still get only 7-8 fps.

After restarting the pc i found the OFF graphic settings habe been changed, so i again reset them according to the manual at the OFF homepage. Again no go, some 8-12 fps, and the settings have again changed when restarting the sim.

Maybe i should write-protect some files, but honestly - what is going on here ?

Thanks and greetings,

Catfish

Huh ! :huh: You shouldn't have to write protect ! Catfish maybe something got lost in translation when you set up the new processor ? My only suggestion is the dreaded P3 uninstall/reinstall. After uninstall and before reinstall ensure all OBD entries in the registry are deleted (and CFS3 entries for that matter) but be sure to backup your registry before doing so. Use ctrl f to search.

Hi Catch,

thanks, well i may have found out what was going on - changing settings of my graphic card from XP system settings caused OFF to sense a change, and now finally after starting the sim and a mission i had an upcoming message that my "graphic settings are out of date" - never saw this before !

So clicking at the "graphic options" button in the workshop once more i changed the settings, and now they remained changed. FPS again up to 13 in furballs over aerodromes, but much better elsewhere.

Thanks and greetings,

Catfish

Edited by Wels

If you upgrade graphics drivers, or change a graphics card CFS3 will always say this. CFS3Config needs to be setup again as you have found Cat.