Sign in to follow this  
dixieflyer

Game Locking up for ? Reason

OK, I solved my INI file problem below by uninstalling OFF and putting it back on. I now have a larger problem.

When I first got the game, I had some problems getting it going, but Polovski walked me through and I was up and running with little to no problem. Most of my problem had to do with graphics settings etc. I flew the sim for about a week, but had to let it go and get back to the business of school.

I went to go back to the game last week, and it is constantly locking up on me. When I was first running it I had the sliders on 3 except one, which I can't quite remember now, on 4. I have all of my sliders on 2 now, and I cannot get it to run for the world. I defragged my HD last week to see if that would help. I shut down some processes that were running, and that didn't help either.

I cannot imagine what has changed to make the sim change. Any ideas?

Warren

can you provide some specs on your computer. and, if you didnt have the cfs3 dvd, and had to install cfs3, how does that play?

do you play any other games that tax your video card?

There is always that "reset csf3" in the workshop (but i dont have a clue what it does,,,i just know its there)

Sitting Duck,

I haven't played CFS3, except to "initiate" it for the installation of OFF BHaH. When I did that, it performed fine. I can play IL-2 1946 with all the bells and whistles and all the stops pulled out without a hitch. My PC has:

2 GB RAM an Intel 2.66 processor, and a GeForce 7900 GS card.

As I said when I first had OFF up and running, I had the sliders at 3 with maybe one at 4, no problem. Now, I have them all the way back to 2 and it locks up constantly.

Thanks for all your help and advice.

Warren

wish i could say i had a clue, but i dont,

doesnt sound like your system, cause everything else plays fine.

you could try the reset cfs3, in workshop, and ive seen deleting your uisel.xml solve some quirk problems ( game will generate new one when it starts again )and there is always the obvious,,uninstall, and reinstall...

hope you get it sorted out.

Sitting Duck,

I haven't played CFS3, except to "initiate" it for the installation of OFF BHaH. When I did that, it performed fine. I can play IL-2 1946 with all the bells and whistles and all the stops pulled out without a hitch. My PC has:

2 GB RAM an Intel 2.66 processor, and a GeForce 7900 GS card.

As I said when I first had OFF up and running, I had the sliders at 3 with maybe one at 4, no problem. Now, I have them all the way back to 2 and it locks up constantly.

Thanks for all your help and advice.

Warren

DixieFlyer,

I have an older system similar to yours and can also run IL2 1946 and even Crysis with all settings maxed out. BHaH is a MUCH more demanding demanding program, requiring raw processing speed, as much memory as your operating system can give it, and a fast graphics card. I had an older graphics card initially, and upgraded to play BHaH.

BHaH performance on my system varies somewhat, depending on how much memory I have available and how many programs I've run and then closed before starting BHaH. Programs or system resources running in the background that eat up memory can halt the program or slow it to a crawl. Many antivirus programs will completely halt CFS3 and BHaH. Using utilities like AlacrityPC can help by closing down unnecessary processes and defragmenting memory.

Hope this helps

Thanks Bird Dog. I hope to iron this out when school is out and I have more time to devote to it. Sounds like we are in the same boat.

Warren

Thanks Bird Dog. I hope to iron this out when school is out and I have more time to devote to it. Sounds like we are in the same boat.

Warren

Also take a look at the OFF site for info about adjustments, I think your Graphic card could also be the problem, adjustments can be very critical at your Nvidia card. 

Also take a look at the OFF site for info about adjustments, I think your Graphic card could also be the problem, adjustments can be very critical at your Nvidia card.

Well Dutch, it is the same video card that I was using when the sim was running fine (like a house on fire) last month. :wink: The card has not changed, the PC I run it on has not changed (no new programs, etc.), but yet something must have for it to be locking up like it is. The mystery is out there, somewhere. Everything was fine until I screwed up downloading the latest patches, it seems, and I stripped everything off, and put it all back on again. As I said, I'll look into this more when I have time in a month or two.

Warren

Well Dutch, it is the same video card that I was using when the sim was running fine (like a house on fire) last month. :wink: The card has not changed, the PC I run it on has not changed (no new programs, etc.), but yet something must have for it to be locking up like it is. The mystery is out there, somewhere. Everything was fine until I screwed up downloading the latest patches, it seems, and I stripped everything off, and put it all back on again. As I said, I'll look into this more when I have time in a month or two.

Warren

I'm maybe not clear about this but: Read the oficial off website for the adjustents, I had something strange on it with graphic interferance, this was caused by disabeling the weather conditions in CFS3config. Maybe something for the future OFF4 get rit of that f**king CFS3config thing I hate this, go for a IL2 adjustments!!!

Also do the reset and default actions in the OFF menu, set CFS3config to default but leave the video card (at the pull down menu) to your Nvidia 7900.

Last action do a complete new OFF install.