Sign in to follow this  
scouserlad13

Hillsborough disaster 20 years on

20 years ago, on april 15th 1989 at Hillsborough football stadium 96 liverpool supporters lost their lives when they where crushed against the barriers that stopped them getting onto the pitch. Its one of the worst disasters in football history. From that day on, football has never been the same again, the barriers have been removed and all stadiums have to be fully seated.

Im sure you will join me in showing respect for the fans that lost their lives on that day....

"You will never walk alone"

:salute:

Edited by scouserlad13

scouserl13,

I'm shoulder to shoulder with you on this one. RIP the 96 - they deserve a full public enquiry.

YNWA.

Si

Cheers mate, and you are right, they do deserve that. It was lack of police control that caused all of this. You cant imagine how those people felt crushed up against the fence like that. I couldn't imagine the pitch, with all the body's on there. Its an awful tragedy, and one that will hopefully never happen again.

Was the headline main news all day yesterday in the UK - as it is our worst Sporting disaster

Must admit I didn't watch much of it - its quite upsetting seeing all the faces of the 96 - most were so young - and I too remember the day even though I saw the whole thing unfold live on TV.

the day changed football forever over here - its much more of a family safe environment these days with much better stadiums.

and yes it all points to Police incompetence unfortunately that caused the deaths.

its also the reason ive never brought a copy of the Sun (aka scum) newspaper

RIP the 96 You'll Never Walk Alone

I avoid crowds of sheep like a plague for this very reason.

and yes it all points to Police incompetence unfortunately that caused the deaths.

Maybe Police were smart like me and stayed away.

its also the reason ive never brought a copy of the Sun (aka scum) newspaper

RIP the 96 You'll Never Walk Alone

Apparently my Grandad never bought it again either, its sick they way the portrayed the Liverpool fans. I was watching a program on it last night, and you have to feel sorry for the families because the press wouldn't leave them alone. I hate the press sometimes

No comment yet, but don't push the "incompetent cops" argument too far kids, it may well backfire and ruin a thread meant to respectfully mourn the dead...

I shall quote as better as i can what a was said by the father of a kid who was killed when hit by a flare

in the chest:

I can´t believe that my son died this way where he went to enjoy so often.

He loved football. It is madness to be killed somewhere you feel as your home

S!

I remember seeing it on the news. It was one of the most gruesome things i've ever heard of to that point in time.

Since then i've been pretty leery of large crowds whenever i've had to work around them.