Sign in to follow this  
Coot

Bearing Straights terrain question

Hey there. I just installed the latest DBS terrain into my new WOV install. The terrain is working just fine but I'm missing runways. The download spoke of a Read Me but I can't find it in the file I downloaded. Could someone tell me what I need to do? Thanks for the pointers.

Hey there. I just installed the latest DBS terrain into my new WOV install. The terrain is working just fine but I'm missing runways. The download spoke of a Read Me but I can't find it in the file I downloaded. Could someone tell me what I need to do? Thanks for the pointers.

Check if you have the right terrain CAT pointer in the DBS ini

Thank you sir that was it. It was set to Germany so I pointed it to Vietnam cat and runways are now in place. Thanks again. :good:

Which one? The original or my Upgrade??

Major Lee's original was designed for the Desert cat only, as that's all we had at the time*

The Upgrade version can be used with any version of the game; which is why I included a HIGHLY detailed, step by step installation section, giving all the info necessary info on cat pointer selection.

I try to make things as easy as possible for folks ... :rtfm:

wrench

kevin stein

edit: * actaually, it CAN be used with any, just select the proper cat, as you've already done

Yes its the latest DBS terrain that I installed. Sorry Wrench but I couldn't find the read me. But I did remember the same steps needed to do this from you latest Libya terrain and readme. I saw all three cats (SF/WOV/WOE) listed and it was set to Germany. So I just forward slashed it and cleared the slashes in front of Vietnam and all is good now.