Sign in to follow this  
Laton

WIP - Ansaldo SVA5

Thought I'd give you guys a quick look at my next project:

wip1.jpg

wip2.jpg

I'm trying a few new methods fo this one. Building, mapping and painting the sub-assemblies as I go.

Oh wow thats looking great.I know nothing about 3D modeling but id the unique fuselage shape giving you any dificulties?...just curious.I'll be looking forward to this.Thank you Laton.

Oh wow thats looking great.I know nothing about 3D modeling but id the unique fuselage shape giving you any dificulties?...just curious.I'll be looking forward to this.Thank you Laton.

Yeah, it's one that you need cross-sections on the plans for :smile: I notice that there seems to be a bit of a kink in the fuselage towards the tail I'll need to look at.

The cooling louvres on the engine cover took the most messing around, there is another 10 or 12 under the nose.

Beautiful work thank you :good:

Looking forward to filming those bombing raids over the Alps.

Beautiful! That fuselage looks like it's been carved out of solid walnut!

Looks great! Cant wait to fly it.Too bad it is not a Halberstadt CLII! :biggrin:

So little time - so many intersting planes! :biggrin:

I'll try to keep this thread updated as I go. Once the fuselage is finished I'll probably build the pit and leave the wings/flight surfaces to last as they tend to be quicker to build.

Excellent work, Laton...Thanks for supplying yet another important a/c.

Beautiful plane, the SVA.5, but it must've been a nightmare taking off and landing, what with the cockpit set so far back behind that massive front end, and the guns blocking the view to the sides... :wacko:

Noy very manoeuvrable either, but fast (around 140mph!). Which is why the Italians found it more suited to reconnaissance and bombing.

I wonder who'll be the first to have a go at this particular skin?

http://www.schusterdiorama-35.cz/fotografi...lke/p36-019.jpg

Hi Laton, Guys...

Superb work so far mate, that will be another beautiful and unusual plane off my Hit list..You just made my day, despite the rainy weather..loving the Starstrutter by the way, a lovely plane to fly and ive notched up quite a few kills with mine already...

Thanks for your hard work mate..really looking forward to this...

Best wishes...

Sockboy

Fife

Scotland

Edited by sockboy

:shok: This is why you need to double-check sources. I've been using the Windsock Datafile for a reference, just discovered that they have the wingspan wrong. It's a metre to short in their book. :blink:

Hi, Laton.

This is not meant as any kind of criticism...I was just thinking that maybe the grain of the wood fuselage panels should run horizontally rather than vertically, as they appear now?

Just a thought?

Bucky

Hi, Laton.

This is not meant as any kind of criticism...I was just thinking that maybe the grain of the wood fuselage panels should run horizontally rather than vertically, as they appear now?

Just a thought?

Bucky

Good point. It's not a big chore to repaint, everything is in Photoshop layers.

This is why you need to double-check sources. I've been using the Windsock Datafile for a reference, just discovered that they have the wingspan wrong. It's a metre to short in their book.

The profile publication shows 29.885 feet = 9.09 metres just to add to the confusion :blink:;)

the windsock list's the Italian Airforce museum example at 9.22 metres :blink::blink:

and the http://www.museocaproni.it/ shows it at 8.00 metres :blink: :blink: :blink:

maybe there was 2 versions?

looks fantastic anyway :yes:

9.1m certainly looks much nicer when you get the plans into Max. I'l go with that. :yes:

Wings are on & painted. Changed the mapping arrangement on the fuselage & a complete repaint of the main components adding detail and re-aligned the wood grain, :biggrin: still some smaller parts to paint.

wip5.jpg

wip6.jpg

wip7.jpg

Edited by Laton

GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I usually do not love the early planes.....but this........................

Now we need the Biplace so we can carry Gabriele.and we can fly over Wien to launch this sheets................

LINK RAID OVER VIENNA

Mau.

Nice work, it looks really magnific, another great work

It works!

img00028.jpg

img00029.jpg

img00026.jpg

Still have to paint the pit, play with the FM etc

Cant wait to get my hands on it :clapping: . By the way what year or years was it in action? Did it fight against the Phonix?