Sign in to follow this  
Macklroy

Did i overlook an option?

Besides within the game itself using the 'workshop' function is there any other method in which to adjust ingame settings?

Hello,

i'd say graphic settings yes, because you can trim your graphic card to perform better with OFF, but concerning plane behaviour and effectiveness of all kinds the workshop is the way to go. All other things would have to be done via file editing manually ..

Greetings,

Catfish

"you can trim your graphic card to perform better with OFF"

What arcane muttering is this....? I've never heard of this idea before - can you explain further for the hard of thinking (ie, me)?

Cheers,

Si

If you meant button and joystick commands: press "escape" ingame", and click "controls"

in the upcoming menue.

If you are experiencing stutters, you can go into the OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\default folder and adjust your maximum framerates in the cfs3.xml file. This may be what he means.

"overides" i keep hearing this but i cant find. "overides" anywhere in any cfs3 or OFF config. Is that an older version of the game?

Hello Macklroy, and TheMightyscr,

with adjusting the graphic card i meant you can adjust your video card via system settings in XP, and Vista. E.g with an nvidia graphic card there is program where you can "tell" the card how to behave generally, and in special applications. E.g. you can set the card to 2x antialiasing for desktop and Word, but to 8x when starting OFF and so on. You can tell the card to behave different in all kinds of applications, and adjust it for OFF that way. See the other threads of how to tweak it -

Further settings:

Start the sim, go to workshop, start "graphic options", this will start the "cfs3config.exe" (which b.t.w. you can also start directly from the OFF folder of your installation), and you have to accept every changed setting with "OK" to save it.

When the CFS3config window is up, click at "File" and then "change display" to set up the sim resolution, and Antialiasing. AA will not show up after changing, but it will work - cfs3 bug. When clicking "ok" the original window will appear again.

If you click on "File", and then on "custom settings" (say OK to the upcoming warning) you can adjust the Image quality - those sliders.

If you click on "File", "custom settings", and now "window" (upper left), you will see a new menu with "overrides", "texture info" and some more. Clicking at the appropriate menu entry you can adjust some more settings - but be careful and read the FAQs along with the threads here at the forum.

Hope this helps,

thanks and greetings,

Catfish

Edited by Wels