Sign in to follow this  
themightysrc

Stumpy's new kites

Hi,

I suppose this question is specifically for Stumpy, but please anyone feel free to chime in, as it may be of interest to a fair number of folk.

I've noticed in the last few days that some 3rd party add-on planes have popped up here, and I was wondering a couple of things.

First - are these aircraft from OFF phases 1/2? I had neither version, so I've no idea what was added in by non-OBD people.

Second - is OFF:BH&H close enough to the previous releases to ensure that these new planes function correctly/as designed for BH&H, assuming that they came from previous versions?

Third - Stumpy - what software do you use to design/produce new aircraft?

Finally (deep breath) - assuming that add-on aircraft work OK in BH&H, would the holes in the squadrons/jastas be filled satisfactorily by add on planes? In other words, if squadron 123 was flying the Arklethwaite Buzzbomb in March 1917, and it's not modelled in BH&H as it currently stands, would a Stumpy (or another modder's) Arklethwaite Buzzbomb added to BH&H enable a pilot in said squadron to start using them in March 1917, rather than be retired, which I bleieve is the current fate of pilots whose planes are unavailable?

I hope the above makes sense (vaguely), and look forward to reading Stumpy's reply, and everyone else's views.

Cheers,

Si

Hi m8

I believe Stumpy is working away for a few days, so please dont think he's being rude if he doesn't answer you.

I can only answer one of your questions I'm afraid, and that is the 3rd Party planes are not from P1/P2, they are new models.

Happy flying

Si

Hi UK_W (are you another Si as well?),

Thanks for the information - that's bloody quick work to produce three new planes, I have to say. I'm awaiting the stampede of people asking for the Nieuport 28!

Cheers,

Si

sorry give em a couple of days and ill try and answer allyour questions,,,, work schedule lil hectic right now i do good to be able and just sleep and work (does 18 hrs shifts in an emergency room)

Hi UK_W (are you another Si as well?),

Thanks for the information - that's bloody quick work to produce three new planes, I have to say. I'm awaiting the stampede of people asking for the Nieuport 28!

Cheers,

Si

Yes, I am a Si too!

That's a good point!... I might ask Stumpy very nicely if He will make a Snipe!!

sorry give em a couple of days and ill try and answer allyour questions,,,, work schedule lil hectic right now i do good to be able and just sleep and work (does 18 hrs shifts in an emergency room)

I Trully sympathise with you -

im In the London Ambulance Service! we only do 12 hr shifts & thats enough for me! :good:

Edited by Tonyo - legion

Hi, this is just a bump to this subject, in case Stumpy is around and is taking requests/questions!

yeah aorund ona lil breckt o recoup and charge my battires, i am resnding my hp400 out looks like the oignal up laod may have benn damged slightly

Cheers Stumpy!

just as a matter of interest, are you planning to do aircraft which might fill some of the squadron roster gaps, such as DH5, N28, etc?

Cheers Stumpy!

just as a matter of interest, are you planning to do aircraft which might fill some of the squadron roster gaps, such as DH5, N28, etc?

oh you never knwo what my warped lil brain will whip upnext muhhhaaaaa

Edited by stumpjumper