Sign in to follow this  

Allways liked the Destroyer :yes: Now it's time to see if I can create a High Res Template

And no the rivets and panel lines are not going to be black when finnished

Guest a10boar

You sure are a helpful bunch here at CA.That is going to work nicely in what I been wanting to do with my WoV/WoE merged install.Thank again for your help.

Thanks Kevin

Anyone who knows how to setup a rivet brush in CS3?? Tried everything. So now I'm drawing each rivet with a one pixel pencil. And I have planned to rivet the entire Plane. Could take some time :moil: The most time consuming so far was I had to drill out all rivets I had done and start all over :oops:

Several Rivets done

Finnished riveting the aft Fuselage

Guest a10boar

Simply amazing how you turned this aircraft into an eye-popper!Great set of skills and patiences.

is there a 'spacing adjutment' --don't know what else to call it... in the brush drop down?

like below...mind you, this is PS6

anti-alising checked will give a 'fuzzy' arond each dot. with it unchecked, it's be sharp and square

wrench

kevin stein

is there a 'spacing adjutment' --don't know what else to call it... in the brush drop down?

like below...mind you, this is PS6

anti-alising checked will give a 'fuzzy' arond each dot. with it unchecked, it's be sharp and square

wrench

kevin stein

Looks like that feature is not availible in CS3 :no: Maybe I need a plug in or something

Looks like that feature is not availible in CS3 :no: Maybe I need a plug in or something

it is, just press F5, a new pallet will appear on the right of your screen, or, on the top row of your window choose "Window" then brushes, the setting you're after [spacing] is in the "Brush Tip Shape" section.

Edited by Sundowner

it is, just press F5, a new pallet will appear on the right of your screen, or, on the top row of your window choose "Window" then brushes, the setting you're after [spacing] is in the "Brush Tip Shape" section.

Thanks M8 that did the trick. No more blisters on my scroll buttom finger :good:

i like the B-66. looks really nice.

Maybe you´ll do some camo-skins too?

btw, what color did you use for silver???

i like the B-66. looks really nice.

Maybe you´ll do some camo-skins too?

btw, what color did you use for silver???

R151.G153.B155 using a grain texture noise layer on top. To get that brushed look.

Maybe I'll do some camo skins too. 99.9% chance for that But first Natural Metal birds. Planning to do all squadrons that did use the B-66B.

R151.G153.B155 using a grain texture noise layer on top. To get that brushed look.

Maybe I'll do some camo skins too. 99.9% chance for that But first Natural Metal birds. Planning to do all squadrons that did use the B-66B.

Excellent Work hgbn! Look foward to the Squadrons!

Anyone who has good close up pics of stencil used on the B-66???

I did a 2048x2048 camo scheme a while back.....dont know if its still here or not tho..

Sorry, mine was for the EB-66E

Edited by Sundowner

I don't think this has many, if any, close ups for stencling, but this book was of great assistance to me for that skin and ini pak I did (linked above). Expecially helpfull for the cockpit

Aerofax #19: Douglas B-66 Destroyer

http://wrench1smog.com/books/aerofax_b66.zip

pdf, about 11megs.

some GREAT tech drawing inside, units listings, etc

wrench

kevin stein

Sundowner, I actually based my template off your EB-66E Texture. Nothing to different between the B-66B and the EB-66E.

Thanks Kev. That is very usefull. Like the drawings. Way better than the 1/72 Italeri model kit I sitting with now :clapping:

Todays goal: Blending in the Wing roots to the Fuselage Luckily the left and right Wing use the same Bitmaps just named left and right. Make things a lot easier.

What is really cool is that it a great model still. With new skins, that Ant and you all are doing it bears repeating, old bird new skins, can't beat that.

Todays goal: Blending in the Wing roots to the Fuselage Luckily the left and right Wing use the same Bitmaps just named left and right. Make things a lot easier.

I think you will find that almost impossible because the wings intersect the fuselage rather than join it, so there will always be a mismatch of the highlight since the game engine treats it as separate surfaces.

However: If you were to overlay a subtle layer of nonsaturated grunge to simulate the sort of random matteness that occurs on NMF surfaces (look at old B/W photos for this and you'll see what I mean) it could probably mask the problematic areas so that they're no longer as noticeable.

Edited by Julhelm