Sign in to follow this  
bad_karma_2one

Will We Be Able To Assign The Nozzle To An Axis

will we be able to assign the nozzle to an axis (like the ANT/RNG wheels on the cougar)

I mean real axis assignment, not just keyboard emulation

will we be able to assign the nozzle to an axis (like the ANT/RNG wheels on the cougar)

I mean real axis assignment, not just keyboard emulation

Replied your email :)

At the moment we have two keys, one rotate nozzle gradually in one direction, the other key rotates in the other direction. But like we've done with rudder and throttle, there will be axis control of the nozzles as well or else VIFF'ing will not be that practical if you have to reach a keyboard shortcut everytime. ;)

How about assigning to a mouse wheel???

I like possibly many others, dont have a hundreds of pounds/dollars joystick.

It has 12 buttons, a throttle, rudder and hat - the basics really.

Therefore there is no real way I can use the joystick for the nozzle control - but how about using the mouse wheel like an axis? (obviously will need to be relative and not absolute).

Not exactly ideal of course - but better than using a keyboard.

Is this possible?? :unsure:

Thanks.

hello all, glad to see a Harrier flight sim coming out. i have a Logitech Wingman 3-D Extreme and don't have an axis to put the nozzles on, but if you had a keyboard toggle, i think that might work!

any comments?

Bonez Wrote:

hello all, glad to see a Harrier flight sim coming out.  i have a Logitech Wingman 3-D Extreme and don't have an axis to put the nozzles on, but if you had a keyboard toggle, i think that might work!

DanteJT Wrote:

At the moment we have two keys, one rotate nozzle gradually in one direction, the other key rotates in the other direction. But like we've done with rudder and throttle, there will be axis control of the nozzles

This is great news. I would like to see everything, not just the Harrier Nozzles, controlled by as little keystroke intervention as possible.

The sim becomes much easier to control, when a decreased number of controls perform more operations. Thus: Toggles.

It's not a good idear to have 1 key turn something on...yet another key turn it off. For instance SFP1 uses 2 keys to operate the flaps. If their are only 2 flap positions, then why not make it one key...and make it toggle. BUt with the nozzles having much more then just 2 positions, then an axis becomes necessary.

I have the X45 as well, and being able to put the Nozzles on a rotary would be awesome. For those of you that have a joystick with less axis controls, then having it on a 2 key (up/down) axis will work just fine.

Dante: Can we assume the the nozzles move in the direction demanded as long as the key is held down?

Toggles are ok but I prefer specific up down commands so you dont forget what position your flaps/speedbrakes are in without looking. For instance F for flaps toggle, shift F for flaps down, alt F for flaps up. Only one key is used and yet you can have it both ways. Personally I erase the toggle key in the key editor as I have shift, alt, and ctl bound to buttons on my HOTAS, allowing easy multi button combos.

That's not a bad way of approaching flaps....1 key toggles...but shift/alt can move it up/down...not bad at all.....

I prefer to look at cockpit indicator to tell me position when needed, but I just don't use FLAPS unless in landing config...or I need to slow the aircraft down ALOT.

Forget? nah....I never forget :rolleyes:

<C>

Fates

please think about the same approach to flaps, gear, and possibly even other items like nav lights.

all these ideas sound great!

i had the pleasure of seeing a Harrier demo this past summer at the Dayton Airshow and it was the first time i actually saw the demo in real life! it was amazing.....always loved the Harrier from tv, video games, etc, but never actually got to see it in real life til recently and i HOPE i get to see it a few more times before the F-35 takes over as the new V/STOL fighter and it will even have afterburners!!! :D

anyway, i can't wait to fly it when Jet Thunder comes out

Missed the Harrier...was to busy watchin this:

:D

Humm, You guys should met some brazillian girls...that one is to *ugh*