Sign in to follow this  
Chris220

Menu shows up fine, but graphics seriously messed up in-game.

Well, as the title says: The menu shows up perfectly. I can change options and so on. However, when I get to the simulation, the majority of the screen is covered in blackness. I can sometimes see portions of sky and sea, and I can also see the green HUD. But it seems the textures for the cockpit and so on are just plain black.

I figured this may have something to do with my graphics card, so I'll post what it is here (even if it is embarassing!)

32mb nVidia RIVA TNT2

I know it's terrible, but it meets the specs for LOMAC (as far as I know anyway). I can run other old sims such as Flight Simulator 98 and FMS.

Now I understand there's a large chance I have to upgrade my drivers. However, if you tell me to do that, you'll have to show me where I can get drivers for a card this old!

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Chris220

You need (bare minimum) 128mb for your vid card. That's why the video is pooched.

Well, that'll explain it. I read somewhere it was 32mb minimum, which must have been wrong!

Thanks for the quick reply anyway!

Are the any combat flight simulators that will run on my machine?

The original Strike Fighters Gold (2002) and Wings Over Vietnam (2004) did https://store.thirdwire.com/store_p2.htm

You might not be able to patch them up though because the later versions use more resources - in fact check before buying online that you are getting the unpatched original version - if not then get a boxed version from Amazon.

Even Falcon 4 AF needs a 128MB card so your going to be limited unless you go back in time further.

Yeah, Strike Fighters: Gold was the thing that got me looking for games that would run well, it looks like an awesome game :P

I have a copy of Combat Flight Simulator 3 which is fun, but I'd like a game that uses jets as well. I love prop driven and jet planes, so I want a game of each :P

I guess SF:G is the one to go for then!