Sign in to follow this  
jomni

SF2 Unlocking Mig-17 and Mig-19

Got SF2 Vietnam and I'm now more inclined than ever to unlock the stock MiG-17 and MiG-19.

In SF2, I was able to unlock MiG-21 and Su's using Combat Ace files using standard process.

But MiG-17 and MiG-19 just does not get past 90% loading (crashes).

TK says this is the avionics loading phase.

There are no avionics files from the cockpit downloads here for MiG-17 and MiG-19

I would like to know how to make this work as I am not familiar with modding.

Has anyone gotten the MiG-17 and 19 cockpits to work with SF2 engine? Do we need an avionics ini?

As a side note, I downloaded and installed MiG-15 from column5 and it does not make use of avionics and it works perfectly (but makes use of standard A4 cockpit).

Edited by jomni

The third party cockpits don't work in SF2 or SF2V. As a temporary solution I use the A-4B cockpit for the MiG-17 and the early F-100D cockpit for the MiG-19

Got SF2 Vietnam and I'm now more inclined than ever to unlock the stock MiG-17 and MiG-19.

In SF2, I was able to unlock MiG-21 and Su's using Combat Ace files using standard process.

But MiG-17 and MiG-19 just does not get past 90% loading (crashes).

TK says this is the avionics loading phase.

There are no avionics files from the cockpit downloads here for MiG-17 and MiG-19

I would like to know how to make this work as I am not familiar with modding.

Has anyone gotten the MiG-17 and 19 cockpits to work with SF2 engine? Do we need an avionics ini?

As a side note, I downloaded and installed MiG-15 from column5 and it does not make use of avionics and it works perfectly (but makes use of standard A4 cockpit).

Yes, there is a problem, solved with new Mig-15/15UTI for SF2 cockpit.

Take a look at the relative support forum, please.

Do the same and all will be ok.

Ciao :good:

Paolo

The third party cockpits don't work in SF2 or SF2V. As a temporary solution I use the A-4B cockpit for the MiG-17 and the early F-100D cockpit for the MiG-19

Really? I must have gotten lucky, as every third-party 'pit (and aircraft) that I've installed in SF2 works quite well, thank you..... :wink:

Really? I must have gotten lucky, as every third-party 'pit (and aircraft) that I've installed in SF2 works quite well, thank you..... :wink:

I think it's just these two cockpits.

Anyway, solved my own problem by directing it to use stock A-4B as suggested by one of the posts above.

Thanks guys.

Had fun hunting Corsairs using the MiG-17. Feels like flying a WWII plane. But has the speed to catch up to those bigger jets.

Edited by jomni

I think it's just these two cockpits.

Anyway, solved my own problem by directing it to use stock A-4B as suggested by one of the posts above.

Thanks guys.

Had fun hunting Corsairs using the MiG-17. Feels like flying a WWII plane. But has the speed to catch up to those bigger jets.

sorry i meant f8 crusaders.

sorry i meant f8 crusaders.

That's a failing of the AI, because in real life the F-8 could easily extend away from the MiG-17. Unfortunately the AI rarely excercises this option in any plane. Another thing that needs to be looked at for the MiG-17 is its real-life problem with unboosted flight controls. At high speeds the stick forces required to maneuver were so high that it lost most of its agility...I think it was one of the planes that they installed a telescoping stick in to try and give the pilot some leverage.