Sign in to follow this  
Test Pilot

Hat switch

Im using a Saitek evo force forcefeedback joystick, and my hat switch stopped working in the virtual cockpit. I had this problem in phase 2 as well, but had not had any issues till today in phase 3. The hat switch still works when viewing from outside the plane and as well in button calibration accessed in game despite have stopped in the VC. It will work when starting a flight but then stop after a few uses of the hat switch. Any one else have this problem or know how to correct this? Id assume it was a joystick driver issue except for the fact that in external views the hat switch still works fine and dandy...

I have the same stick, only ever see that if I accidentally tapped a key to lock padlock.. try clicking it again. Otherwise you'll have to do a reset CFS3 to clean out any odd settings.

Just went flying in a Spad XIII (which is the plane I have flown most all of the time since running P3) and no issues with hat switch. However, went back to a Nieuport 11 (which is the plane I just noticed the hat switch not working) and alas, the hat switch doesnt work. Guess it's an issue I have with specific planes.... How do I go about reseting CFS3? You mean a complete uninstall of anything related on my system to CFS?

Edit: not just a specific plane problem I guess.... stopped in the Spad too now

Edited by Test Pilot

Sounds intermittent, as I say it will stop if you accidentally padlock "nothing". You need to look which key you have to padlock and check it's not being pressed accidentally.

Otherwise Reset CFS3 is in Workshop.

You know what, you may just have figured it out. The padlock button on the joystick by default is on the base somehow Im hitting it apparently or maybe the joystick wants to randomly switch the button on its own... Nothing a deleted key command wont solve even if the latter.. hopefully at least! Thanks for the quick (and I do mean quick; Im posting while flying and getting help - truly amazing support)!

TP,

Do you have any other hardware installed?

Sometimes a keystroke for said hardware may also be a hotkey for another (Padlock for example)

HTH,

Saitek throttle quad and rudder pedals. Ill see what some of the throttle keys are assigned at, but good to know the padlock was seemingly the issue.

I've had OFF for a month and a half and the Hat Switch on my Logitech Extreme 3D has never worked...until the day before yesterday. It worked in CFS3 when I installed that. It showed as working in the Test Calibration. But in OFF, it did not. Suddenly it does. And periodically, the Targeting Cone pops up and I don't know why, but I find I can ignore it.