Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade

What do you play most? QC or Campaign mode?

I don't have the ability to create an actual poll, but I'm just curious what folks spend most of their time playing. Quick Combat or Campaign mode?

I've done quite a bit of campaign mode, but I find myself usually just popping into QC most of the time for the instant gratification of guaranteed furballs. How about you guys?

/salute

Hellshade

If I have plenty of time, Campaign all the way. If not, a quick QC fix is in order. QC is also good for gunnery and aerobatic manuevering practice.

CJ

Campaign only, though I do "test fly" new aircraft in QC to make sure I can at least take off and land :wink: ...

As much fun as quick combat is campaign is where it's at for me. It's kinda like leaving your comfortable back yard and getting out there and seeing the world and all it has to OFFer. You never know what to expect. I love the encounters with the other aircraft and the sense you get of their purpose, what is their mission, where are they from? Should I tag along? Will my pilot survive to fly another day? It's the questions that can make the difference, the choices, the caring for you pilot and wingmen. Yes DiD campaign for me.

Guest British_eh

Hi there:

Used to fly Campaign, but now fly QC. Reason, was always outnumbered and shot down. Best pilot was 4.33 hours. Now, I can control the number of AI :biggrin: , and make it alt least even.

Cheers,

British_eh

Campaign only, though I do "test fly" new aircraft in QC to make sure I can at least take off and land :wink: ...

Same here, although I go further and see what sort of stall characteristics it has, what tricks it can do, and whether I can break it :)

Campaign most of the time. But do I like a quick combat mission every now and then, if I don't have time and energy for a serious campaign mission. And it's better to test unfamiliar aircraft in the QC than go straight to campaign with them! (Something that real pilots couldn't often do, just think about those young men who went from flight school's easier planes directly to the Camels...)

DiD Campaign, with warps, TAC and labels sometimes, to identify targets.

Campaign 98% of the time

Only in Campaign do you get that immersive feel of being a squadron member with important missions to carry out

Missions Briefings have real tension, worrying wil he flight be big enough, how deep behind enemy lines, etc.

I fly QC if I have a hankering for a furball against a particular opponent I haven't seen for a while

QC for me in CFS3 QC,

So can change the weather and the location and the flak, and if i survive, i can then find some ground targets to take out- then go home.

For a cuppa!

Looks to me so far like Campaign over QC by a roughly 2 to 1 ratio, with almost 1/2 the folks who prefer campaign saying they do QC sometimes, mostly to hone their skills or if they don't have time for a campaign. MP only got 1 vote.

/salute

Hellshade

Both! I fly campaigns just because I love 'em, and I fly QC to practice in the different birds and for testing new paints.

Cheers!

Lou

QC all the time at the moment...just flying, and taking screenies to see where my skin's need adjustment (just about everywhere!!)

QC mostly so far. I just got my new computer and already killed one pilot in my first DiD campaign. I like setting up QC's just so i can learn the tendencies of each aircraft (mine and the enemies) I'm so use to the flight characteristics of wwii planes (spitfires and hellcats) that it's like learning to fly all over again.

I think the campaign mode at full realism (minus the sniper aaa fire) is really where this game separates itself from other sims though. And im looking forward to more campaigns!

S!

Campaign. Although since having my flying interrupted so much by work lately, I'll be flying some QC to polish up the skills again.

Campaign only...learn to fly new aircraft on the way to the objective.

Hi there:

Used to fly Campaign, but now fly QC. Reason, was always outnumbered and shot down. Best pilot was 4.33 hours. Now, I can control the number of AI :biggrin: , and make it alt least even.

Cheers,

British_eh

:ok: I have to go with this argument. I'm just not that good a pilot and don't have the time required for campaigns. Perhaps with more practice and time I'll fly more in campaign. But for now I find enjoyment checking out sites and combat with QC. For now I am interested in fun and enjoyment rather that competition in my free time. :yes:

I am probably evenly split between Campaign & QC. Depending on my mood at the time or how much time before SWMBO gets home. :blink: I usually have a couple of pilots on the go at any one time. One or two for QC and one strictly for Campaign. I once made the mistake of using my Campaign pilot in QC, you guessed it, got a case of target fixation, I wasn't too careful and he augered in and I lost him. Oh well 14+ hrs. down the drain, time to start " Baron Wolfgang von Schafft" again.

Tony

Campaign, pretty much all the way.

I fly QC sometimes, not so much for practice as to experience all the planes I probably won't ever fly in a campaign.

For me, the combat aspect is great fun - but as a bit of history buff, the role-play aspect gives the combat more feel and meaning beyond whether or not I won. Especially, for me, set at DiD.... I don't hard-core it; I need some of those crutches- but I do love/hate the fact that if my pilot goes down, he's done for.